31

Peter falls asleep in my arms.

It's quite adorable actually, but I can't sit like that forever.

I carefully shift my weight and position him so he's laying down. Pulling the covers over him, I tuck him in and softly brush the loose curly from his face.

The bedroom door opens then, slowly and cautiously, revealing May in the crack of the doorway.

"He asleep?" May whisper-yells. She's a bit drunk, as she always is after her monthly martini nights with Anna.

"Yeah," I tell her quietly, nodding.

May smiles before widening her eyes slightly at Peter, then at me.

I then realize what conclusion her mind must be drawn to, seeing as Peter is in bed shirtless beside me, who's wearing his shirt and no pants.

"He just got in," I tell her, attempting to cover the tracks, "I was asleep, and he comes rolling through the window all beaten up," I say, concern noticeable in my voice (which is intentional). "I cleaned him up and everything, but he won't tell me what happened..." I say sadly.

"Hm," May hums, seemingly in thought. "You did good," she tells me approvingly before pulling me in to a tight hug. "I love ya, kid," she tells me as she squeezes me harshly. "Sleep tight," May says as she lets me go and slips out the door.

I smile at drunken May. She was always so happy after her dinners with Anna, her childhood best friend.

I hear May stumble down the hall and shut her bedroom door behind her.

I check on Peter one last time, softly caressing his cheek. He is fast asleep.

I cautiously stand up, grab my cell phone, and sneak out the door, quietly closing it behind me.

I head to the living room, taking a seat on the end of the couch farthest from the hallway in order to be as quiet as possible.

I hold up my phone, pressing the contact name and put my phone to my ear as the dial tone rings.

"Well well well, if it isn't the Cat herself," Norman Osborn says through the phone, his tone immensely conniving, "Did ya get my message?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I gulp, attempting to play coy.

"You'll see soon enough..." he tells me, and I can practically hear him smirking.

A million inquisitive thoughts whirl through my mind, but one is at the forefront - What is Norman planning?

"We have a meeting tomorrow night. Something important I need to discuss with you," Norman states.

"I can't tomorrow night, it's Winter Formal," I tell him, slightly embarrassed that my silly high school dance is getting the way of a business meeting.

"Fine, we'll meet before that then. Seven o'clock at the penthouse, do not be late," Norman instructs.

"Okay," I gulp, hesitant to follow along with Norman's plan, but knowing that I have no other choice but to follow, I am obedient.

I think for a moment that he is about to hang up, but he doesn't.

"Oh, and Felicia," he says ominously, "Don't tell anyone about our arrangement." The line then goes dead with Norman hanging up.

I sit there in silence, digesting the new plans of my secret pre-school dance business meeting with Norman Osborn.

"Felicia?" I hear Peter call faintly from behind me.

I turn to see him standing in the hallway, leaning against the living room wall, his healing wounds exposed.

"Peter," I gasp as I rush toward him, "Come on, you need to stay in bed," I instruct, surprisingly maternally.

"Felicia, I'm fine," he chuckles lightly. "Come here," he wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me in close to him. "What're you doing out here?" he asks.

"Just... thinking," I sigh.

"About what?" Peter brushes a stray strand of hair out of my face.

I don't respond. A smile grows on my face as I take in the view of Peter's soft smile in front of me.

I bring both my hands to either side of his face.

"I love you, Peter Parker," I gush. "So fucking much," I smile before pressing my lips to his.

I can feel him smile against my lips.

We both pull away momentarily, looking into each other eyes, as if we're silently communicating, before synchronously connecting our lips once more.

It's different this time; our lips move against one another's more passionately.

Peter pulls my waist closer into him before turning and pressing me against the living room wall. His hands grip the back of my thighs, pulling me up so I'm straddling him as he holds me.

"Peter," I moan softly as Peter presses against me. "Peter, we can't," I whisper, slightly out of breath, "May..."

"You're right," Peter sighs in disappointment. "But... May's so passed out, I bed if we go in our room, shut the door, there's no way we'll wake her up," he said into my ear in a low tone.

"You better take me to the bedroom then, Spidey," I say with a smirk in his ear, and without any hesitation, Peter carries me off down the hallway and into our room.

———

A/N:
Happy update!!! Big things coming up ;) Thank you so much for reading! Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT your thoughts, opinions, and predictions!! Your support means the WORLD to me! :)