22

"So... What happened with you and Harry?" Peter asks after we climb into our bedroom from the fire escape through the window.

"Oh- uh- well- I- um- I... broke up... with him," I stammer nervously.

"You- Wha- You and Harry- you two were together? As in together together?" Peter questions, a shocked expression on his face.

"Yeah... well, I guess technically?" I cock my head. "Harry asked me to be his girlfriend today and I- I said yes, and then later when we were hanging out after school I realized..." I stop, looking straight into Peter's brown puppy dog eyes.

"You- you realized what?" Peter asks, his voice high pitched in anticipation.

"I realized... I don't like Harry... I... I like someone else," I say, gulping nervously.

"Oh," Peter says shortly, "You- you do?" I watch as his eyes widen.

"Yeah. I do," I smile, but my smile fades as I shift my attention away from Peter and it drifts down to the floor. "But... I don't know if I want this person to know that I like him... because... he's my friend, my best friend, and I don't want to mess things up between us," I say quietly.

"Well... what if he... your best friend... What if he likes you back?" Peter gulps. I turn my head to look at him again, my eyes wide.

"You... Peter, you—"

"Yeah, Fel. I- I like you. And I- I want to be with you, like for real. No Flash, no Harry, just you and me," Peter tells me, taking a step closer to me.

"I want that too, Pete," I smile up at him.

He leans down, pressing his lips against mine.

We both let out a small giggle as we pull apart from each other.

"Not going to lie, Pete, kissing you with the Spider suit on... It's pretty hot," I smirk.

"Yeah?" he raises his eyebrows.

"Uh huh," I lean in, kissing him again.

"Knock, knock!" May says from the other side of the door while knocking, causing Peter and I to physically jump apart from each other.

"May! Just a minute!" Peter yells , frantically grabbing a hoodie and pulling it over his head. He then plops onto his bed, pulling a blanket over his lap to cover the lower half of his Spider-suit-covered body.

"Does May know they you're—"

"Yes, but she doesn't know that you know!" Peter and I whisper-yell.

The door open, and we both freeze.

"Peter, sweetie, do you know where—" May says as in the doorway, stopping as she spots me. "Oh, Felicia! I was wondering where you were! I didn't know you were home," May crosses her arms at her chest as her eyes flicker suspiciously between Peter and me. "Anyway... I was going to ask you, both of you, if you wanted to go grab some dinner. Any suggestions?"

Peter and I look at each other uncomfortably.

"Uh, we're not really hungry May..." Peter says.

"Right now! We're not really hungry right now," I hastily widen my eyes at Peter, scolding him for brushing off his aunt. "But how about we go to Blue Hill later?" I happily suggest to May.

"Blue Hill? All the way across town? Isn't it like a 30 minute cab ride? I think we should pick someplace closer, some place in Queens," May furrows her eyebrows.

My face falls, and I look to Peter, who has a sympathetic expression.

He remembers... Of course he remembers.

"May... Felicia's dad used to take her to Blue Hill, every Sunday..." Peter says softly, almost as if he feels that it isn't his place to tell May that personal information about my father and me.

"Oh... Felicia, sweetie, I'm so sorry... Of course we can go to Blue Hill. Why haven't you told me?! We could have taken you every week if you just told me! I'm so sorry—"

"May, it's fine. Really, I honestly haven't even wanted to go until today," I tell her kindly.

"Oh, well what changed today then?" she asks.

I pause, wondering what really did change today to make me want to go to Blue Hill.

"I guess... Blue Hill used to be my dad and I's happy place, and... I guess I haven't really been happy, until today at least," I smile, glancing over at Peter,  and seeing him causes my smile to grow even further.

"Well, it's settled then! We'll leave for Blue Hill in thirty minutes," May tells us before exiting Peter's room, shutting the door behind her.

"Fel, I'm sorry if—" Peter begins to speak, but I cut him off.

"Peter," I hush him, walking over to him, seated on the bed, and sitting down on his lap, my legs straddling him. "Thank you," I say softly, planting a light kiss on his lips.

"F-for what?" Peter stammers as I pull my lips away.

"For... for making me so happy," I say truthfully, "Pete... I haven't been happy, genuinely happy, in a really long time. Hell, maybe ever," I chuckle, "But you... You have brought so much good into my life. You always have." I gulp, a single tear escaping from my eye and rolling slowly down my face.

Peter wipes the tear gently with the pad of his thumb.

"You don't need to thank me," he smiles. "Felicia, I..." Peter pauses, and I can feel his whole body tense up.

I wait anxiously for him to finish his thought.

Peter's eyes bulge as he bursts out, "I should shower!"

I furrow my eyebrows at him, knowing that is most definitely not what he was intending on saying initially, but whatever it was that he was trying to tell me, it's clear that he isn't going to say it.

"What?" I ask, puzzled.

"I should take a shower, y'know, before we go to dinner? Yeah, I- I'm probably pretty sweaty from saving the city and whatnot," Peter laughs nervously.

"Okay..." I mutter, getting off of his lap.

"I'll- uh- I'll see you when I'm done... you know, showering," he tells me awkwardly.

"Okay, Pete," I tell him, trying to hold back a small laugh.

Peter stands up and begins to walk to the door, but as he is about to reach the door, he stops. He turns around abruptly and walks up to me, gently leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips.

It's just a peck, but we stay there for a moment, lips inches away from each other's.

I instinctually close the distance, pressing my lips against his, but this one wasn't light and sweet. My lips move passionately against his, and he is quick to reciprocate.

After a long moment, our lips part, and Peter slowly backs away from me toward the bedroom door.

"I'll see you in a sec," he says with a smile, blushing.

"Okay," I say with a light laugh, and with that, Peter disappears out the bedroom door, leaving me standing in the bedroom alone, cheeks hot and lips swollen.

———
A/N:
Thank you for reading! Please keep VOTING and COMMENTING! I love all your comments! :) Exciting stuff coming real soon ;)