11

I wake up the next morning to the blaring sound of Peter's alarm clock. I groggily slap my hand on the nightstand, aggressively thumping the alarm clock and silencing it.

I strangely feel at peace, warm and safe. It is then that I notice that a strong arm wrapped comfortingly around my waist. Peter is holding me tightly against him in a warm embrace, and it's nice. It reminds me of back before my dad died, when I would sneak out of the apartment and over to Peter's to have movie nights, and we'd both snuggle into his twin bed.

I feel his warm breath brush against the nape of my neck. I'm not quite sure how Peter slept through the sound of his alarm, but he is still fast asleep.

I shuffle beneath his grasp, turning over so that I am facing him. Our faces are close, extremely close. I raise my hand to gently caress his cheek.

"Peter," I say softly.

His eyelashes flutter, but his eyes remain closed. "Mmm," he moans softly in response.

"Pete," I say again. Seeing him so sleepy puts a smile on my face for some reason. "It's time to get up," I let out a light laugh.

His eyes flutter open, and as soon as his eyes flicker across my face, he smiles.

"Good morning," he says groggily. His thumb pads across my waist, caressing it softly.

"We gotta get up Pete," I chuckle, patting his arm. I begin to roll over to get up, but Peter's arm around my waist stops me.

"Nooo," he groans, "Five more minutes."

I begin to giggle as I attempt to escape his grasp. "Peeeete!" I exclaim. I wiggle every which way in hopes of getting him to let go, but his grip only tightens, pulling me on top of him. I pause then, my body on top his, his arm still tight around my waist. Our faces are extremely close, and I can feel his breath brush against my lips.

"Kiiiiids! I made waffles!" we hear May yell from down the hall.

"We should-" I start.

"Yeah, let's-" Pete starts, and I swiftly get off of him, hopping up out of bed. I shuffle down the hall to find two plates of Eggo waffles sitting on the kitchen counter. And with that, Peter and I eat our breakfast, get ready, and are off to school, not saying another word about this morning's events.

———

Microbiology is boring, as per usual. The bell rings, signaling that class is over, and I pack up my things.

"Hey, Felicia," a voice calls. I look up to find a smiling Harry Osborn.

"Hey," I respond, returning a smile.

"So, uh, I was wondering, if you're not busy today after school, could you help me study for microbio?" Harry asks. "We could go to my place. My father's out of town for business, so it'll just be the maids and me - nice and quiet , perfect for studying," he smiles, leaning in towards me just a bit closer.

This boy is charming as Hell, I think.

"Um, yeah, I'm free then to study," I say as I finish putting my books into my bag.

"Great, can't wait," Harry says, "Hey, let me walk you to your next class, where're you headed?"

"Oh- um- that's very nice of you, Harry. I'm headed to Trig, with Mrs. Lawson," I blush. I go to pick up my backpack, but Harry stops me.

"Here, let me," he grabs my bag, slinging it over his shoulder before gesturing for us to head to my next class.

We walk down the hall with a slow pace. I can feel Harry glance down at me every once in a while, and a smile creeps onto my face.

We arrive at Mrs. Lawson's classroom after our short walk down the hall.

"Here we are," Harry says, leaning up against the doorway.

"Thank you, Harry," I tell him as he hands me my backpack.

"I'll see you later," he winks. I nod and with that Harry disappears back down the hallway.

I turn to walk to my seat to find my the eyes of my classmates glued on me, amused expressions on their faces. I walk to my assigned desk and take my seat.

"You and Harry Osborn?" the girl sitting next to me, Andrea, asks me. I recognize her as one of Flash Thompson's friends, which causes the shocked tone in her voice make much more sense to me.

"I'm just tutoring him in Microbiology," I shrug to her before turning my attention to Mrs. Lawson as she begins instruction.

———

"You ready to go?" Harry asks me as I meet him on the steps leading up to Midtown Tech.

"Yep," I chirp in response.

"Great, let's go," he leads me to a black town car and a driver opens the door for us. Harry gestures for me to enter the car first, which  I do, and Harry follows. The driver then gets into the front seat and starts driving.

"Wow, Harry, this is really-" I start.

"Extra, I know," Harry shakes his head in disapproval, "But my father insists on a particular lifestyle. If you ask me, most of it just helps him keep a close eye on me," he gestures to the driver in the front seat, "since he's too busy to do it himself."

"How often do you see him?" I ask.

"I don't know, maybe once a week? Even less of he's off on a business trip," Harry answers casually.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. That must be tough," I console. I can't even imagine what it must be like to have such a distant parent, especially seeing as how close my dad and I were.

"Nah, it's fine, really. I mean I'm used to it. My mom died when I was little, so it's been this way for a long while now," he tells me. I can see a flicker of pain in his eyes when he mentions the death of his mother.

"I'm sorry, Harry, about your mother," I reach out and gently place my hand over his. "I know how hard that is - losing a mother, well and the death of a parent... My mom didn't die. She left my dad and I when I was just a toddler. And then... well, I'm sure you know I just lost my dad pretty recently. It can be difficult, but I think it makes us stronger in the end," I force a smile.

"I... I didn't know that, about your dad. I'm sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing that with me," Harry tells me, and it feels genuine.

———

A/N:
Thank you for reading! Here's a new character for y'all - Harry Osborn, played by the one and only Timothee Chalamet of course ;) What do you think of him so far? Don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE! New update soon; I have lots of fun stuff in store :-)