7

"Oh shit," Peter exhales, his eyes wide. "How- how did you- you know?!"

I pause then, not knowing how exactly I'm going to explain without exposing myself as Black Cat.

My attitude toward him then shifts.

"Oh, come on Pete. It's so obvious," I say playfully, my right hand inching up his thigh.

Thank God for the high quantity of liquid courage in my body right now, I think to myself.

"I am not obvious!" Peter whines.

"Peter, yes you are! You're always sneaking off! To do spider things," I playfully tease. I have no clue if what I'm saying is true or not, but Peter is certainly buying it. I mean I can't exactly come out and say 'Oh I know you're Spider-Man because I'm really Black Cat and I kissed you as Spider-Man and now kissed you as Peter Parker and it's the exact fucking same!'

"Okay fine," Peter sighs, "Yeah. I'm Spider-Man". He appears defeated.

"Who else knows?" I ask nosily.

"No one. Just Ned.... and May.... and Happy... and of course Mr. Stark."

"Tony Stark? As in Iron Man?" I say in disbelief. "Wait, so the Stark internship is..."

"Spider-Man, yeah," Pete nods.

Part of me feels bad to continue to lie to him about my identity when now he's opening up to me. But then I remember that Peter can never know. I'm a bad guy. I'm a villain. Spider-Man and Black Cat are enemies. I'll always have to keep this secret from him.

The alcohol is hitting me more and more. Thoughts of bad decisions whirl through my mind, and I'm nervous I'll say something I might regret.

"I'm sorry I kissed you," I say bluntly. "I'm kinda drunk. I don't really know what the hell I was thinking," I blush.

Peter's face falls, disappointment washing over it.

Wait, does Peter like me? I wonder to myself.

My body then moves before my brain can even process it. I'm drunk, I remind myself as I crash my lips onto Peter's again. I should stop, I tell myself, but my body doesn't listen.

This time, Peter is faster to react. His lips move in solidarity against mine, almost perfectly in sync. It's passionate, something I never would expect from Peter.

A small whimper escapes from Peter's parted lips as I pull my lips off of his, leaving a trail of soft kisses down his jawline to his neck.

I should really stop. Peter's like a brother to me, I nag to myself, but push these thoughts away as I begin to suck on Peter's neck.

I've never done anything like this. And I know Peter hasn't either. I have no clue why suddenly there's so much... sexual chemistry between us.

I keep sucking harder on his neck, Peter's breathing loud and heavy in response.

My hand lingers farther and farther up Peter's thigh, before he grabs it, stopping it.

"Fel," he says abruptly, his voice cracking. I pull away, my eyes meeting his. "Look, I- uh- I would love to- um- do those things with you, but- I- uh- you're my best friend- and you're drunk- and I just- I don't want to mess this up," he stammers. I can see the care in his eyes.

I guess I was wrong about Peter liking me.

"Yeah. I get it. We're better off as friends, totally," I say flatly, agreeing with him.

"Fel, I-"

"Really Peter, it's fine. I mean it. We should just be friends. I think we're better off that way, honestly," I stand up, too quickly, the alcohol all rushing to my head causing me to lose my balance. I fall over, luckily in Peter's direction, landing on him as he catches me. His embrace is holding me in his lap, and it oddly feels... warm and safe.

It is then that I notice the massive purple hickey on his neck.

"Oh Peter... I'm sorry," I reach out to touch the bruise with my fingertip.

"What?" Peter asks, confused about what I'm referring to. I stand up, carefully this time so I don't lose my balance, and reference to the full length mirror on the other side of the room.

"Go look," I instruct. Peter stands and walks to the mirror, his eyes bulging as he spots the dark mark on his neck.

"Shit!" he curses as he observed the hickey.

"Don't you have like super powers, Spider-Man?" I ask, partially taunting him. "I mean don't you have like super healing or something? You'll be good and clear in a couple minutes".

"It- it's not like that. I don't heal that fast, I'm not Wolverine. It'll probably take at least a couple hours, maybe more. I don't know, I- I've never had one of these before," Peter says bashfully.

"Alright," I walk over to him, "C'mon, I know what to do." I grab his hand, pulling him out of the bedroom. When we reach the top of the staircase, the teenage banter from downstairs stops. Everyone freezes, all eyes on us as I confidently walk down the stairs, Peter's hand in mine, fat purple hickey extremely evident on his neck.

"Wha- what are you doing?!" Peter whispers to me, panicked from the amount of attention we're receiving.

"Just go along with it. Trust me, you'll thank me later," I tell him with a wink as we continue down the stairs.

As soon as we reach the bottom of the staircase, Betty Brant blurts at us, "Did you guys have sex?!"

Peter's eyes widen immediately.

"What, n—"

"That's for Peter and I to know, and for you to find out," I smirk.

"I- I didn't know you liked Parker like that," Flash says, grotesque expression on his face. I raise an eyebrow at him, observing his disapproval of seeing me with Peter. I then swiftly turn to Peter and slam my lips onto his. He seems uncomfortable at first, but relaxes as soon as I start moving my lips against his.

The group of teens booms in response, letting out whistles and chants of praise.

Peter's hands grip my hips and we continue for a brief moment longer before I pull away from him. I am shocked to see a disappointed look on his face at the sudden lack of contact.

Peter turns his attention to the gawking teens, then his eyes widen at Ned, like a deer in the headlights.

"I have to go," Peter blurts before bolting out the front door of the house, Ned following behind.

Then it hits me - Peter's disappointed look wasn't because I had stopped kissing him, but merely because I did in fact kiss him.

Peter will always just see me as a friend, nothing more. It's Black Cat he wants, not Felicia Hardy.

Well, if it's Black Cat that Spider-Man wants, then it's Black Cat that Spider-Man will get.

———

A/N:
Short update this time! I'm so sorry this update is later and shorter than usual! I've been really sick so I figured better to just post what I have so far rather than make y'all wait any longer.
I hope you enjoyed! Please don't forget to COMMENT your opinions and VOTE!!