9

As soon as first period is over, Ned and I rush to the principal's office, which Peter is sitting right of waiting for May to come pick him up. Ned and I take a seat beside him, each of us on opposite sides with Peter in the middle.

"So what's the damage?" I ask him.

"I'm just suspended for the rest of the day. Principal Choi said I'm lucky that he respects how I was 'defending your honor', whatever that means," Pete rolled his eyes.

"Well, what about Flash?" I press, which makes Peter antsy.

"He got off free. Choi said he'd be stupid to risk losing the funding for the new bio lab... which is being paid for by none other than Mr. and Mrs. Thompson," he scoffs. I then abruptly stand up, causing puzzled expressions upon both Ned and Peter's faces.

"Where are you going?" Ned asks.

"To talk to Choi. Flash verbally assaulted an innocent orphan girl; you can bet your ass he's not getting off free by the time I'm done with Choi," I raise my eyebrows, disappearing into the office before Peter or Ned even had time to respond.

"What can I do for you, dear?" the nice elderly secretary asks me.

"I need to speak with Principal Choi. It's an emergency," I tell her, urgency in my voice. The secretary nods and signals for me to enter Principal Choi's office.

"Ms. Hardy," Choi says, surprised to see me. I shut the door behind me, but do not take a sear. Rather, I stand aggressively with my arms crossed at my chest. "What can I help you with?" Choi asks, discomfort evident.

"I was told that you are well aware of the harsh words Eugine Thompson spat at me this morning, yes?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I've heard numerous things, but since there are contradicting stories and no one can confirm what exactly was said, there's no way for me as an administrator to determine who's story is the true one and who is lying," Choi responded, clearly trying his best to cover his ass.

"Well, let me set things straight for you. If you don't do something, I have no choice but to take 'my story' to the police, since after all Flash verbally assaulted me. You know, I bet the Daily Bugle would love to get the scoop on how Midtown Tech's own principal did nothing after a poor orphan girl was harassed by a snobby rich kid. Forget about the new bio lab, you better start looking for a new career because no school will ever hire you after this! I bet-"

"Alright!" Choi cut me off. "I'll give him detention. Does that suffice?"

I glared at him with my cold stare, arms still crossed aggressively at my chest.

"A week of detention?" Choi tried again. My gaze softens.

"Fine," I nod, "Ph, and you better call him into your office to tell him... Now," I tell him assertively, and Choi scrambles for his phone.

I smirk as he makes the announcement over the PA system, "Eugene Thompson, please report to the principal's office. Eugene Thompson, please report to the principal's office".

I walk confidently out of Choi's office, leaving just in time to see May walking angrily down the hallway towards Peter and Ned.

"Peter Benjamin Parker!" she scolds, "Fighting?! At school?!"

"May- I- I can explain, I-" Peter stammers, but May cuts him off.

"Peter, that is unacceptable! You should know better," May tells Peter disappointedly, but after a brief moment, her stern expression faded to a faintly smug smile, "Alright, so what's the other punk do?"

Peter, Ned, and I all look confused by May's abrupt attitude shift.

"What?" May asks us, "Oh, come on. Peter, I know you're a good kid, a smart kid. You would never punch someone unless they really deserve it," May winks at him. "Come on, we'll talk about it on the way home." Peter stands up as May takes a hold of his arm and leads him down the hall.

"What was that about?" I ask Ned, a light chuckle escaping my mouth at May's wackiness.

"Who knows," Ned laughs, "Come on, let's go to English."

———

"Settle down, settle down," Ms. Kaheel quiets the class as second period starts. "Now, since it seems none of you can make up your minds about your paper topics, I have decided to let chance decide," Ms. Kaheel holds up a brown paper lunch bag, "In here are slips of paper, each with a topic on it. Each of you will pick a piece of paper, and whatever emotion is on the paper is your new essay topic."

Ms. Kaheel goes to each desk, each student individually picking a slip of paper from the bag. Ned, who sits in front of me, picks his.

"I got 'joy'," Ned says with delight.

"Alright, Ms. Hardy, your turn," Ms. Kaheel says to me as she holds the brown paper bag in front of me. I stick my hand in, pulling out one slip of paper.

I unfold it meticulously, slightly nervous to see what topic I had just randomly selected. "'Love'," I read aloud. I look up to find Ms. Kaheel smiling conivingly at me.

"This should be interesting," Ms.Kaheel smiles as she continues on to the next student.

"Do you know what you're going to talk about in your essay, Fel?" Ned asks me innocently.

"No, I don't have a damn clue," I say, in a half daze, confused about my feelings yet again.

———

I walk back to the Parkers' apartment which I have recently known to be my home by myself.

I push the door to the apartment open gently. I can hear that May and Peter are having a conversation, and I remain quiet as to not disturb them.

"She still doesn't know?" May asks Peter as they talk in his room.

"No, and I really want to keep it that way, Aunt May," Peter responds, "She's list everyone, May. Knowing that I... that I'm Spider-Man would just worry her I think."

They're talking about Peter being Spider-Man.

"Plus, you know, I like how normal everything is with Fel. It's kind of nice just being a regular guy in the eyes of my best friend," Peter says bashfully. It is then that I make my presence known, shutting the apartment door loudly.

"I'm home!" I yell throughout the apartment.

"Felicia, sweetie, hi! Peter and I were just talking about going to get some Thai food. Thoughts?" May greets me.

"Thai sounds great to me," I respond happily, and for once I feel like I'm truly part of the family.

———

A/N:

Thank you for reading! Here's a nice lil filler chapter for ya :) Please don't forget to VOTE and to COMMENT your thoughts and opinions!