8

I wake up with a splitting headache. It's not until I groan and roll over in bed that I realize I'm not in my bed at all. I'm on the bottom bunk, in Peter's bed. I then see Peter slumped in his desk chair, asleep.

At first, I can't remember anything from the night before. But then the memories start rushing back. Flash, truth or dare, going upstairs with Peter... and then it gets fuzzy.

I vaguely remember the events following. I try as hard as I can to regain clarity. I remember... kissing Peter. Oh shit I kissed Peter! Guilt and regret flood my conscience. The whole reason Peter and I were in a fight in the first place was because he was messing up the dynamic of our friendship, and here I was drunkenly making out with him.

Why the hell would I do that? There has to be more...

And then it hits me, the stunning realization that I'm immensely grateful to not have forgotten — Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

"You're- you're awake," Peter says groggily as he sits up in the chair.

"Unfortunately," I groan, my head still pounding. "Pete... what the hell happened last night?" I ask.

Peter's eyes widen. "You- you don't remember?" he asks, and it almost seems as if he's happy to discover that my memory is spotty.

"Not really," I shake my head in response, "I mean I remember some things, but there are a lot of gaps."

"Oh- uh- well what do you remember?" Peter questions, oddly nervous.

"I remember getting there, and talking to Flash, him pouring me a drink, talking to you and Ned and then truth or dare... you and I went upstairs..." I pause, i sure of how much I should let him believe I remember. This is my chance for leverage, to practically undo what was done.

"I remember kissing you. And you telling me you want to be just friends... and then- oh yeah! I remember! Flash was being a dick so... I kissed you in front of everybody," I blush. "And that's it. I don't remember anything else from there," I was only half-lying really. After I kissed Peter in front of everyone, I truly don't remember the events that followed.

... But I just conveniently left out the part where I found out that you're Spider-Man!

"Oh- yeah, that's what happened. After that... Ned and I went outside... to- to get some air. And then you came out a little bit later, and you were real drunk. You were stumbling and..." Peter pauses, his brows furrowed as if he's deep in thought. "And then you started throwing up. I took you home, snuck you in so May wouldn't find out. You went to sleep in my bed and I just sat here to make sure you were okay."

"You didn't have to do that. You could've slept in my bed," I blush.

"No, really it's fine. I wanted to make sure you didn't like die in your sleep or anything," Peter smiles bashfully.

"Thank you, Pete," I smile at him.

I look down, noticing I'm in pajamas and not the clothes I was wearing last night.

"Pete, you didn't like undress me or anything did—"

"What? No! No, you were very insistent that you change into pajamas. I closed my eyes, don't worry," Pete stammers, embarrassed.

"Well, thank you for being such a gentleman, and for taking care of me, and... I'm sorry I kissed you... multiple times... I really have no clue what I was thinking, and I'm really truly sorry," I say honestly. Peter doesn't say anything. He visibly takes a gulp. "Do you think we could just forget about it? Go back to being friends just like normal?" I plea.

"Yeah- yeah- we can totally do that. I- I'd like that," he stammers.

"Great," I smile. I sit up, my head still throbbing. "Now I need some Advil and a huge glass of water stat," I moan as I slowly get out of bed, causing Peter to chuckle.

———

As soon as I walk through the double doors entering Midtown Tech with Peter by my side, it seems as though all eyes instantly land on us. I watch as students chatter to each other while staring at us.

"Pete, is it just me, or is everyone talking about us?" I ask him, my eyebrows furrowed as I watch the teens throughout the hall gossip.

"Yeah..." he responds, seemingly confused. 

I try my best to merely shrug it off as we head to our first period class, but as soon as Peter and I take our seats, we are bombarded by Flash.

"Well well if it isn't Penis Parker and his slutty girlfriend," Flash taunts. His words sting as they hit my ears. He's always been mean, but he's never been so cruel to me, or any girl, before. 

"Don't call her that," Peter snaps, evidently trying to hold back anger. 

"What? A slut? I mean it's true, isn't it? Truth is, Parker, if you hadn't been there it would've been me that she slept with instead of you. You were just a warm body to her, Parker. She's clearly that desperate to sleep with you-" Flash is cut off by Peter's fist uppercutting his jaw. Tears brim my eyes as I let out a shriek in response to Peter's abrupt act of violence.

"Peter!" I yell, jumping toward him and grasping his arm to prevent him from causing any additional harm to Flash, no matter how much he deserves it. 

Peter turns to me, and I can see the fire in his eyes. It frightens me at first, but there is also a part of me deep down that finds it strangely attractive. The fire dims as Peter regains his temper. I've never seen Peter get so genuinely angry before, in all the years I've known him. 

The teacher walks in as the class as the class is riled up. 

"What on earth is going on?" he booms.

"Parker punched me! In the face!" Flash squeals.

"Is this true?" he asks Peter sternly, and Peter nods in response. "Principal's office. Now."

Peter huffs as he brushes past the students and heads down the hall. 

"What's gotten into him? I've never seen Pete get angry like that," I say in a hushed tone to Ned as the class instruction begins.

"Oh- uh- you know- he just hates Flash," Ned stammers.

"Yeah, but he's felt that way for years now, I mean why now? What's so different about Flash making fun of him today as opposed to all the other times? Is it because..." I pause as I trail off in thought, "Is it because of me?"

"What? No. I mean- yes. Uh- um- you're one of his best friends. And Flash was being especially mean to you today... Of course it would upset him," Ned informs me.

I smile in response, happy that my best friend defended my honor, even though I was the one who put us in that situation in the first place.

"Ned..." I begin, and he turns his head to me, "You know that... you know that Peter and I didn't actually sleep together, right? It's just a rumor."

"I know," he responds chipperly. 

I get lost in my own thoughts for the remainder of the class, my mind taken with daydreams of Spider-Man...

And then I realize, does this mean that I have feelings for Peter?

———

A/N:

Thank you for reading! I liked writing this chapter; I think I'm getting back into the groove of things! I have one question for y'all and PLEASE answer honestly - how do y'all feel about smut? ;)

Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT your opinions of this chapter! Love you all, new chapter coming real soon :)