5

Lunch hour at Midtown is always a delight. Typically, Peter, Ned, and I spend the whole time talking about some typical nerdy stuff - Star Wars or Star Trek or Transformers or Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter - we've covered it all. However, lately I haven't been as engaged in our geeky conversations. My thoughts have been preoccupied by the one and only Spider-Man.

"What do you think, Fel?" Ned asks me, but I have no clue what he's referring to; my mind has been consumed with daydreams of lifting that red mask off and kissing those (most likely) plump pink lips. I'm desperate to see his face - the mystery of it all is driving me insane.

"What? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I fiddle with my food on my plate.

"I was saying that the new Star Wars films are better than the new Harry Potter film. Don't you agree?" Ned asks.

"Oh. Yeah. Much better," I'm still not entirely paying attention.

"Earth to Felicia?" Ned waves his hand in front of my face, causing me to snap out of my day dream. "You okay?" he asks and I give him a reassuring nod.

"Yeah, just got lost in thought," I smile lightly.

"It's not about that guy again is it?" Pete groans.

"Guy? What guy?" Ned asks curiously.

"It's nothing, just this guy I met last night who I'm crushing on. It's not a big deal," I update him. "Although Peter hates the fact I'm crushing on him for some strange reason," I complain.

Ned's eyes widen, then flicker from Peter to me, back to Peter, then to me again.

Peter's eyes are also shifty.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"Nothing!" Ned and Peter say simultaneously, and I sigh out of frustration.

"What's up Penis Parker?" Flash chimes in obnoxiously before he takes a seat at the table beside me.

"Sup, 'Licia, baby," he drapes an arm around my shoulders and I wonder what the hell is happening. "Listen, babe, I'm throwing a lil party at mi casa this Friday night and was really hoping you'll be there."

I furrow my eyebrows at him. Why hell is Flash Thompson calling me baby and why the hell does he want me of all people at his party?

I then look to my friends. Ned looks downright confused, with a just tad of amusement. Meanwhile, Peter is fuming; he looks as if he's seconds away to jumping over the table and punching Flash in the face.

I know Peter doesn't like Flash at all, but he's never disliked anyone to result in this level of anger. I don't know what's gotten into him, but something about seeing this dark side of Peter intrigues me.

"Sure, Flash. I'd love to go," I smirk, my eyes still on Peter. "But of course, Peter and Ned will be coming too if that's alright. I mean, they are my best friends after all. If they don't go, I don't go," I bat my lashes at Flash, and it's evident to everyone but him that I'm merely putting on a show.

"Uh- yeah- yeah I guess they can come," Flash stammers.

"Great. I'll see you then," I smile one last time before lifting Flash's arm off of me and turning my attention back to my friends, signaling for Flash to leave.

"Uhhh what was that?" Peter asks accusingly once Flash is gone.

"What was what?" I play innocent, raising my eyebrows at him.

"You know what I'm talking about. Flash Thompson? I mean, since when does he even talk to you?" Peter asks. His belittling tone is making me angry.