⸢twenty⸥

daddy ~ markhyuck

❝wha- UNCLE?❞ donghyuck stood up confused, the boy his age backed away in fear, growing uncomfortable with donghyuck's angered presence.

❝uh yes, donghyuck this is jisung, i am johnny. your older brother.❞ johnny explained soft and slow, as if he were to talk loud or too fast he might break donghyuck. he had a fragile heart.

❝older brother...❞ the younger trailed off, looking down confused. since when did he have an older brother? and become an uncle? ❝older brother?

❝yeah. i'm your older brother. i was in america when you were born and thrown in the streets. that's how i found jisung.❞ johnny smiled, but that smiled quickly faded away when jisung gasped.

❝you mean i'm adopted?!❞ jisung pouted, crossing his arms over his slim chest, huffing out an annoyed breath.

❝jisung, we've been over this-

❝hold on hold on, i'm still confused,❞ donghyuck interrupted, shaking his head, and waving in his hands in a confused manner. ❝so i'm this kid's uncle, because apparently, you're my older brother?

❝yeah,❞ the eldest looked down, ❝you know our parents died right?

❝they don't deserve that title,❞ donghyuck snapped, pissed at johnny for ever calling them that. ❝they are horrible people, and i'm glad they are dead.

johnny did not know what to say, other than he agreed with his younger brother. but he also didn't. those people raised johnny correctly. with love and care. respect too.

johnny maybe thought they could not handle another child as they hoped they could so they threw him out. johnny thought that they weren't all that bad.

but they were.

whenever johnny did something even the slightest bit of wrong to them, it turned into sleeping in the shed. on the cold paved floor. no blankets, pillows, no nothing.

torture it was for young johnny.

but he grew up extremely respectful and well-mannered. but was it worth it? no, hell no.

❝johnny, it's time to go. i might invite you over another time to meet him again. i'll explain your story.❞ mark snapped both boys out of their trances and waved johnny and jisung off. he smiled while doing so.

❝oh uh, bye mark. bye haechan.

haechan? isn't that what mark calls him sometimes? what does that mean?

❝what are you thinking about love?❞ the older of the two, came up behind donghyuck, slipped his arms around the shorter's small waist. he rested his chin on donghyuck's shoulder, pressing a light kiss to his bare neck.

❝oh uh, what does haechan mean?

❝oh darling, it means fullsun. johnny would always call his sunflower that and i picked up on the nickname when i met you.❞ mark smiled gently, ❝it's fitting isn't it?