twelve

katherine p.o.v.
i wake up to people from my school tagging me in photos of zion and melissa kissing. i figured it was when they were dating but he was wearing the outfit he wore the day i told him i wanted a "break". my heart kind of shattered but it could've been when they were dating, right?

i call edwin,
e: hey kat i haven't talked to you in a while
k: hey babes ive missed you so much. i've been avoiding everyone for a while now so don't go feeling like i don't love you.
e: i didn't say that?
k: i know but i just wanted to tell you that.
e: ok well i love you too
k: you know k love all of you guys right?
e: yes i know
he sounds kind of annoyed but he laughs
k: so i just called cause i was bored
e: figures. so we're having a party wanna come?
k: uh sure
e: aight bye love you
k: love ya too
b: love you toooooooo
k: love you too brandon
i hang up. it i was also confused. why didn't zion tell me about this party.

i get ready for the party and dye my hair.

hairstyle

outfit

makeup

makeup

maggie picks me up and we start talking

maggie picks me up and we start talking. "so did you see the picture?" "yea." i say looking down playing with my fingers. "girl it's fineeeee." she says sucking her teeth
"it's probably nothing." "yea probably." i say sounding even sadder. "the thing is he didn't even invite me, edwin had too if not i wouldn't have known." we continue to talk until we pull into edwins drive way. i grew butterflies in my stomach and i hesitated to get out the car. i step out and maggie realized i was not okay so she grabbed my hand and squeezed it signaling everything is going to be okay.

i walk inside and walk to austin. "HEYYYYY!" i say screaming over the loud as music. "hey." he laughs "you look really nice, i like what you did to her hair." i laugh "thanks." "no problem." he says handing me a drink. "thanks. uh do you know where zion is?" "eh i don't know. who careeeeeee," he says with a slur, "dance with me." i laugh knowing he was drunk. "i'll be back buddy." i say messing his hair up. he nods and i head to the kitchen.

i take a shot or two and see zion. i was about to walk up to him until a girl got on top of him and started grinding up against him and he didn't do anything. i stand there in shock letting tears fall down my face. he look directly in my eyes and pushes the girl off of him. i run away into edwins room and lock the door. i sat against the wall and cried on the floor. i heard a bang against the door, "katherine please come out. i-im sorry." i open the door and push him "how could you. i thought you loved me. i lived you with all my heart and you did this to me. i don't know what i did to deserve this but whatever i did im sorry." i let more tears fall from my face and collapse on the floor but zion caught me. i push him off of me.