Five

Listen up guys, I was at a fair and destroyed the heck out of my phone. The entire back of it is shattered, and my front screen protect has like, six large cracks... but all and all, it still works fine. Sometimes some buttons won't work, but eh. I'll still write stories while I'm saving up for either a new phone or a new back!
———

"Deku.." Bakugo breathed out, taking a few steps towards the bed. He had gauze wrapped around his arm, and bandages on his face. It was a wonder that Midoriya actually survived the fall. "Damn it.." he brought his fingers to his lips, remembering the kiss and the words Midoriya said to him right before letting himself fall. He didn't realize the tears falling down his face, he only could think about how he could have reversed this.

"Young Bakugo.." All Might sighed a little, shaking his head "We're going to leave you in here for a bit, we'll be right back.." The hero pulled a chair over beside the bed, forcing Bakugo to sit in it, although it wasn't much of a chore to do so. Bakugo only shrugged in response, and once the door was closed again, he grabbed Midoriya's hand. He gave it a small squeeze and shook his head.

"You're an idiot, Izuku.." Bakugo's body shook slightly, he was forcing back tears, wiping away the ones that had already fallen with his sleeve. "You coulda just taken the prison time.. it's not too late to save yourself, but this.. it wasn't the right choice" he stared at the bandaged face of his childhood friend. He could tell the male was breathing, but he didn't look peaceful. He looked almost in constant pain, like he would have been more at peace if the ground had just taken his life instead of barely letting him live. It was torture to see Midoriya like this.

"Is this my punishment, God?" He yelled out towards the ceiling, squeezing the green haired boy's hand a bit tighter. "Is this what I get? Forced to live knowing that it's my fault he's in this state?" He shook his head, reaching his bandaged hand up towards the ceiling "It isn't fair! I lived two years without him, and when he was finally in my reach again, his life just barely slips through my fingers! What kind of sick joke is this God? You continue to make a victim out of him when he's not at fault? You take away his ability to be a hero, to be with his family, and nearly take his life? It's my fault! Why couldn't it have been me?" He screamed out, sobbing now. For a split second, he almost thought he felt a squeeze on his hand. He looked down, seeing the pained face of midoriya still sleeping. The squeeze on his hand only having been part of Bakugo's own imagination.