XXIV

My brother is waiting at the doors of Oka.

"Where were you?" he says with a severe tone but a small smile remains in his face as he pecks my cheek.

I sigh, trying to compose myself. "Couldn't find a decent parking spot, sorry."

Lying to Theo is the last thing I want to do but I can't tell him the truth. Oh, sorry! Got caught up making out with my best friend, Harry, remember him? The guy I told you to lie for me about? Yeah, we've done it before, no big deal.

"Emilia?"

My brother pulls me from the waist, looking at me as if I've grown a second head. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." I nod enthusiastically. "Let's get in."

Nodding, he leads me inside where two chairs by the main bar are already cleared for us. I take a seat and hang my bag from the backrest, trying to calm myself and the anguish I feel from what I've done. I can't start sulking on it right now, not with my brother watching me intently.

"So? How was your class?" I ask with a smile, looking around the crowded place.

"It was pretty good," he nods. "I never thought I'd be this tired after just one class but it turned out to be a very demanding discipline."

"Maybe I should try it." I joke, sipping from the goblet filled with water in front of me. "No, but really, I've been thinking I should start doing some exercise, maybe some yoga.."

Theo chuckles at my words. "Yoga? I can't imagine you shutting off your mind, ever."

I slap his arm, earning a deeper laugh. "I could try!"

"Right, sure." he nods with a smirk. "Anyway, what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

After ordering, I ask him. "Do you think there's the smallest chance you could be part of the photography project I've been working on?"

My brother thinks for a moment. "What was it about, again? It's for your boss, right?"

"Yeah, I don't know if he's going to use it, I doubt it, it's just to show him what can I do.." I sip a bit more of water. "C'me on! It would be just a few photos, I need you Theo! I haven't been able to get as many guys yet, you'd be great! You're handsome and fit, you-"

"No kissing ass, Emilia." he laughs. "Look, I'll do it but if you're missing more people to shoot you could do it with Grace's brother."

"Oh yeah!" I smile, feeling a smidgen less stressed with my brother's positive answer. "The guy you told me before, right? He models?"

"Something like that, I'm not entirely sure what he does exactly but Grace's told me he's been in fashion campaigns and things like that." he waves for the waiter and orders sake. "So? What do you think? Maybe he knows some guys that'd be willing to get in too."

"That's actually a great idea, yeah. Okay, sure." I nod quickly. "So what do we do? Do I call him? Will you give him my number?"

"I'll talk to Grace, give her your number and tell her to get Ares to call you."

I frown, getting a bit confused. "Ares? His name is Ares? Like as the Greek god of war?"

My brother chuckles just at the same time as me. "Yeah, Grace's siblings all have sort of.. particular names."

"Like what?" I ask with mirth.

"There's three in total. Grace's the oldest, then Ares and Titan." he counts on with his fingers. I smirk, chuckling at the names. Titan. "Yeah, our mother thought they were actually clever."