LXIX

This is exciting.

Harry said he would get there in time, he's been working over the weekends permanently but he told me he'd meet me at the party around ten. Eric is already on his way there so I've got plenty of time to finish getting ready before the cab arrives. The black silk slip is soft and hangs comfortable around my body, it reaches down at the middle of my thighs, I've slipped on the same black boots I wore to my brother's engagement dinner and several different rings in my hands is all I need to feel comfortable and sexy.

Harry's silver rose and the golden stone signet rest around one of my fingers along the few other rings I've managed to get in a couple jewellery stores: a round black stone over a silver thin band, a lion's head and a small silver signet for my pinky. My hair's straighten down and my make up is as simple as I can manage. By the time the driver texts me he's outside I'm ready to go with a thick wool coat around me and the smallest bag I could find in my closet.

Michael's always been the life and soul of the party, the one who always brings out the best plans into our group and his annual Christmas bash is no different. Club 49 is a basement nightclub with fluorescent neon lights, dark and ominous furniture and a long wide hall that works as a dance floor with a DJ on a large table upfront. Martin's shit-ton of friends and acquaintances, Sofia's mates along with Florence, Alex, Matt and the host of the party are scattered around when I walk in. The first one I spot though, it's Harry's best mate.

"Emilia!" he shouts over, opening his long arms and giving me a hug. "Where's that boyfriend of yours?"

I laugh, pecking back his cheek. "He'll get here a bit later."

A girl with a black leather button-up dress and long chestnut hair stands next to him, her fringe is messy and her green eyes as big as her lopsided smile. It takes me a minute to know who she is by the way Matt seems cheerful than ever but with a slight nervous laugh whenever he speaks about Harry getting here soon.

"Alexa?" I smile, offering my hand.

She blinks rapidly, nodding. "Yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you.."

"Emilia." I reply. "Likewise, Alexa." I look over to Matt who's staring at us as if his life depended on it. "Matt's told me quite some things about you. I'm glad you're back."

Smiling wider, she chuckles lightly. "I reckon good things?"

"Oh, yes." I smirk. "Don't worry about that."

Matt's arm swings me away from the girl. "Alright, the rest are over there." he points ahead. "Thanks, mate." he adds with sarcasm.

"Anytime, Matt." I chuckle and pat his arm before walking further into the club.

After reaching the massive booth were Alex and Florence are standing by, I shrug off my coat and put it away over the seat along with my bag. Eric arrives five or ten minutes after me. The music starts to build up as we all greet each other, chatting and enjoying the party though I still miss the cheeky smile and feel of my boyfriend next to me. I take a quick glance at Eric's watch only to realise it's barely past nine. Harry won't get here in another hour.

"Let's get a drink!" Florence shouts over the music, linking her arm with mine.

Sofia, Mike and some of her friends are by the bar, Martin's long jet black hair is somewhere in the crowd dancing and moving to the DJ's music. Florence manages to get the attention from one of the four bartenders and asks for a round of shots and two gin & tonic's. Christmas' eve won't be until Tuesday but the celebratory holiday mood seems to be in every single one of my friend's spirits.

"So!" Florence sings, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "Eric told me you two have the anniversary launch coming up!" she grins out. "That's massive, babe!"