L

"Where are you going?"

Eric's shout is loud and filled with amusement as I turn off my computer and gather my things from around my desk. It's been the longest and most hectic week of my life but I've managed to finally reach the final stage of the shooting sessions before the issue is due next month. Rami will be thrilled to know there's still a shitload of photos we have to go through but at least there won't be more photography sessions and brain-storming meetings to go to.

"Out of here." I shrug. "Why?"

"You've been acting out." Eric sings with mirth. "Sneaking around, leaving earlier than usual.." he explains as if this was some police questioning.

I know exactly what he means but I'm in no mood of telling him about my dates with Harry. We've been going out most of the week, either to have something to eat after work, hang out at his place and mine, or spend an alarmingly amount of time doing nothing other than have the most incredible sex of my life.

"I've been busy, that's all." I nod, not wanting to elaborate more. "What are you doing tonight? It's Thursday.." I go on, trying really hard to change the subject.

Squinting his eyes at me, he replies. "I'm going out with Florence and Sofia."

"That's great, say hi to them for me." I smile, walking away from his desk.

"Emilia Thomas, you're hiding something from me." he rushes to my side, clearly ready to clock out as well. "Are you gonna tell me what's going on?"

I try to think of a good reason to do so, because quite frankly since the day Harry and I agreed to be officially a couple, I haven't had to actually tell anyone about it. He's been busy with work just like me, so the little time we've got to spend with each other it's exactly that: time to spend with one another, no one else. But then if I lie to Eric and somehow (because that's my bloody luck) Harry finds out, he's going to think I still don't want people to know, which isn't the case.

"I'm going out with Harry." I state, hoping it'll be enough.

Eric looks at me with a slight frown. "Going out?"

It's now that I realise he doesn't know exactly what I mean. Shit. "Yeah, going out."

The lifts open up and there's a few people going down to the lobby as well as us. Once we get inside, Eric looks at me with an inquisitive expression, surely pondering if what I said is true or I'm hiding something else. I'm rooting for the first. Explaining my current relationship status isn't something I want to do, specially because I am certain every single one of our friends is going to assume things were already happening before and after Harry got back. I just know it.

"Like," Eric finally speaks. "Dating?"

His question and the calm, interested tone he uses to speak surprises me. "Ah.." I whisper, not understanding why he's not freaking out and if that means something good or bad. "Sort of -I mean, yes. We're dating now."

His eyes slowly widen as he drinks in my words. "Oh my God." He sighs but adds nothing else.

Once in the lobby, we make our way out of the building. "Please, say something."

Eric nods, his expression still one of sheer shock. "I just didn't see this coming, that's all."

"What?" I reply quickly. "How come? You always said he and I fooled around and that we were practically a couple!"

Chuckling, he hugs me sideways. "Yeah but then you'd always deny it with such an eagerness.. I just did it to take the piss." He confesses. "I.. I really can't believe you're actually going out with him."