LXXV

"Emilia."

Ares' smooth voice is followed by his hand brushing my arm. I turn back only to see him standing by my side, dressed in a slim-fit black tux with no bow, he looks formal and very handsome with his buzz cut and bright brown eyes. I've already seen him around from afar but was too busy to actually go on and talk to him. I know Harry might come back any minute now, but if I really want him to see there's nothing between Ares and I then I have to have them spent time around each other.

"Hey, how are you Ares?" I ask, leaning close when he ducks his head down to peck my cheek. "Enjoying the party?"

He nods, smiling lightly. "Yeah. Congratulations on the issue! I saw some of the photos already, they're great." he says, placing his hand on my back.

"Thank you." I smile back.

"Did you come alone? I saw that friend of yours.. his name is Eric, I think?" he chuckles.

"Yeah, that's the one." I gesture ahead where Eric stands among Catherine and few other of the journalists that worked for the issue's interview. "Did he interview you or was it-"

"No, the woman did." he answers quickly. "She was a bit brazen, if I'm honest."

"Brazen." I repeat, trying not to smirk too much. "Yeah, that's one word for it."

He laughs, truly does, his cheeks flushing and all. "I reckon you're not friends then?"

Just as I'm about to answer, I hear someone call Harry's name. Looking around I don't see anyone familiar until I recognise Harry's black silk shirt and houndstooth trousers as he talks with someone I don't know. I turn back to Ares who's now dropped his hand off of me, for a moment I think of asking him about it or say something but decide against it.

"Mrs Thomas." my boss approaches us, smile big and gallant. "I think it's time to go get those pictures we were talking about earlier." he says to both Ares and I.

I nod. "Yes, of course. Let me just go tell my-" Turning back again, I see Harry pushing the lad back. Shit. "I'll be right back!"

Rushing away from both men, I try to get a hold of Harry's shirt but then I hear the other guy speak. "You're not with her? Oh, I didn't know man. I thought after the baby you two-"

Baby? What baby? No, that's not right. Who's that guy?

"We're not." Harry bites back, clearly livid. A voice inside of my head is screaming at me, telling me I should do something, move, speak -anything. But I can't. "Now fuck off! I've got something to deal with and.."

My whole heart sinks into my chest as I try to understand what the hell he's talking about. It can't be that, there's no way. This is Harry we're talking. But when I see the man he's practically growling at, I recognise him. I'd seen him at a party once, he got my attention because of his looks and how much of a smooth talker he seemed to be. He was also Lisa's brother or something like that, Matt or Mike had told me once, I can't remember exactly..

"What.." I choke, looking down at the floor as everything seems to slowly click together in my head.

"Emilia." Harry calls and as soon as I see his eyes, I know.

He's lying. "No." I whisper, too shocked to move. "Harry, I-" I try to speak but my throat is closing and everything around me seems still and frozen.

All I can see is his eyes, the way they've changed and turned into stone. "It's not what you think." he speaks angrily.

I look behind him where the other bloke stands looking either drunk or confused, I wouldn't be able to tell, not right now. "A baby?" I ask to him and him alone, ignoring Harry's blazing eyes on me. "What baby?"