XXX

She looks different.

I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on. What the hell is she doing at her brother's? She never told me the bloke lived around here but then she never tells me shit. She only likes to tell me what suits her best.

Then why am I walking up to her and her brother? Because I can't seem to get a fucking grip and stay away from her, that's why.

The brother has already seen me, an amused smug smirk is on his face, he's surely asking himself why I'm here and getting to his sister when she clearly is trying to pretend she didn't see me. I know I've said I'll keep away, that it was clear she doesn't want me the way I do her, but I just need to figure out what's going on and I'll be done.

Yeah, sure mate.

"Hello."

Emilia stands up, turning around with her messy hairdo, pale flushed cheeks and wild brown eyes. Any other woman would look like an awful mess after a workout, but she looks completely and utterly fuckable.

Focus.

"Harry." She nods and one of her hands brushes my arm as she walks away from the table.

I follow her behind, not caring much for hellos with her brother whose name I've already forgotten. To my fucking dismay, I notice the big almost potato-sack-y jumper she's wearing has crumpled up her waist, leaving only the black pants showcasing her bum out.

"Emilia." She finally stops, a few feet away from the exit.

She puts her back to the wall and I'm glad. "What's up?" She asks casually.

"Are you staying in with your brother?" It's better to go straight to the point. She's going to exasperate me with another question anyway.

"Why are you asking me this?"

See? I know her too damn well. "So you are."

She huffs and rolls her eyes. "Where's your girlfriend? Isn't she here?" she looks around as if her attempt to divert the attention from her was any good.

"No, she's not. What happened, Emilia?"

Her eyes lock back with mine but this time there's no trace of cheekiness or annoyance, she's dead serious and her bottom lip is sticking a bit more than the upper. She's upset.

"We broke up. Joe and I." She says right before looking away. "He's moving out so I'm crashing at Theo's in the meanwhile."

The first thing I feel is fucking relief. She's finally done it, she actually got rid of that sorry excuse of a boy who was too much of an asshole to see how damn lucky he was to have someone like Emilia in his life. But then, by the tone she's used to speak about it and the way she's trying to avoid my stare, I know there's something else.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask even though I think I know the answer.

Frowning, she says. "It just happened and it's none of your business, Harry."

"What did he do?" I ask as calmly as I can, ignoring the last bit of her statement.

"Nothing." She lies. "Things just didn't work out, that's all."

"Emilia," I press, feeling like there must be something really bad he must've done to have her lie for it. "Tell me."

Emilia's brown eyes have turned into slits as she lifts her head up and glares at me. "Stop bossing me around, Ed."

"Oh, but you love it." I blurt out.

There it goes not flirting with her. Great. Well fucking done, Harry.