8

uncle: "Absolutely not."

aunt: "Dear... let's think about this. The poor boy showed us his program forms and all of his identification. He really is a foreign exchange student."

uncle: "But he's a boy. I have two girls under this roof. That's why we specifically requested a female exchange student."

aunt: "I know but Hueningkai is here. In our living room. What do you want me to do, throw the poor boy out?"

cousin: "Yeah Dad, be reasonable. He's really tired from his flight and it's not his fault. Can't he stay here for a little?"

aunt: "At least until we figure out the whole situation and the Host Program contacts us with further updates. Hm? What do you say?"

uncle: "[y/n], what do you think?"

(silence)

cousin: "She thinks he should stay."

uncle: "I asked [y/n]."

y/n: (sighs) "I'm fine if he stays for a little. It does suck that he came all the way out here just to be greeted by the wrong host family."

cousin: "Yay!"

uncle: "Yay?"

cousin: "I mean yay that she agrees with me. [y/n] has a heart after all." 

[ALL go to living room]

aunt: "Hueningkai, sorry to keep you wai...  oh, the poor thing. He fell asleep on the couch."

cousin: (whispers) "He looks like an angel when he's asleep."

y/n: (mumbles) "But he speaks like a devil when he's awake."

cousin: (whispers) "Only to you."

y/n: (mimics) "Only to you."

aunt: "You two, stop it."

[AUNT gently shakes HUENINGKAI]

aunt: "Hueningkai? Wake up, sweetie."

hueningkai: "Hm?" (blinks) "Oh shit. I mean, crap. I mean--"

cousin: (giggles)

aunt: "Sorry to startle you and keep you waiting. We just had a quick family meeting and--"

cousin: "--we've decided that, in the meantime, you can stay!"

uncle: "But."

y/n: "Here we go..."

uncle: "But we're going to lay some ground rules."

cousin: "Dad..."

uncle: "No entering the girls' bedrooms at night. No entering them and then shutting the door closed. No suspicious behavior, period, got it?"

hueningkai: "Yes, sir."

uncle: "Now, I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. I don't want this to be your first impression of us."

hueningkai: "It's alright."

uncle: "Good. And if you follow these ground rules, then..." (sigh) "Then I suppose I don't mind you staying here with us until this gets cleared up." 

hueningkai: "Thank you so much, sir. I really appreciate it."

uncle: "You're welcome."

[UNCLE leaves]

aunt: "Hueningkai, your room is down the hall and to the left. Bathroom is just across from you. Let us know if you need anything at all. Lunch is later this afternoon."

cousin: "And let us know if you need anything at all. Literally, anything. Your room is just next to mine. I'm a knock away."

hueningkai: "Thanks." (yawns)

aunt: "You should probably take a nap. I'm sure your flight was long."

hueningkai: "I think I will." 

aunt: "I'll wake you up. Don't worry about setting an alarm."

hueningkai: "Okay."

aunt: "Oh, and Hueningkai?"

hueningkai: "Yes?"

aunt: (smiles) "Welcome to our home."