Chapter 4- Sink or Swim

Y/N p.o.v.

I'd only known Bill for a couple weeks when Bill told me the hardest thing he ever had to face. After he told me about Georgie I told him about my dream and the storm and the drain. He said that he always thought that Georgie got swept down into the sewers but his dad never believed him, he also said that they've been acting like he's not even there.
Like they only cared about Georgie.

I really like Bill and I want to tell him how I feel more than anything, but I didn't know when or even how to do that. How could you tell a guy you've known for a week that you're head over heels for them?

-

It had been a couple of days since Bill told me about Georgie's disappearance. The losers told me about how Bill was not himself the first year or two after his brother went missing and how he's been so much happier since I've been here. Bill told me stories about Georgie and all the fun they had together but I'd never ask, I wouldn't want Bill to talk about it if it hurt him.

We're all supposed to go to the quarry after school but I'm nervous because I'm not the strongest swimmer so I don't want to embarrass myself. I don't want to tell the other losers, I feel like they'll think I'm a baby. But I'm going to go anyway because I know it's going to be great.

I met Bill at his house and rode to school with him, smiling the whole way there.

Beverly's p.o.v.

I was sitting next to Richie in science class when I heard him trying to get my attention. "Pstttt.... Bevvvv...." after about a minute of him trying to get my attention I gave up.
"Oh my god, what?" I whisper yelled.
"Geez I just wanted to ask you something..." He said as he shoved my arm. "Okay shoot."

"Well, do you know if y/n and Bill are like,
together or what cause..." Richie tried to continue but I interrupted without thinking. "Oh she wishes.." I laughed then immediately covered my mouth.
"Wait y/n lik-" I quickly cover his mouth too.
"I wasn't supposed to tell you that ok? If your big trash mouth tells anyone about this, you're dead meat, hear me Trozier?" I threaten as I stared death rays at him.
"Okay, okay! Calm your tits!" I punched him in the arm, hard.

Bill's p.o.v.

Y/n and Beverly were always the last ones at the table so I always ended up daydreaming at the table until she got there. I rested my head on my hand and zoned out with a dumb smile plastered on my face. Even though I could hear the boys chattering I kept staring off into space, just thinking about y/n.

"What do you think he's thinking about?" Eddie asked, putting his head in his hand and tilting his head.
"I don't know, milkshakes?" Stan guesses, not really trying. "Bet you 10 bucks he's thinking about boning y/n." Richie snickers.
"A-am not!" I snap out of it and my cheeks turn a deep red.
"Yeah sure Billy boy, I'm sure she's thinking that too..."
"W-What? Why d-do you say that?" I blush deeper, my face burning up.
"Nothing, no reason." Richie tenses up.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted y/n and waved her over. She and Beverly come sit down at the table as we all start eating. I don't even touch my food, I just look at y/n the whole time.

Y/N p.o.v.

As always, as I grab my bike from the bike rack, I see Richie and Eddie holding hands. I'm not sure if they're together or not but they don't even care if I see them holding hands at this point. But they immediately let go once anyone walks by.

-

As we all ride to the quarry I ask "Wait, aren't we stopping to get our swim suits? Guys?" Everyone just laughed, except for Bill, he turned red.

Once we all got of our bikes everyone started taking off their clothes. I covered my eyes.
"Oh my god! Why are you all getting naked?" "Relax sweet cheeks we're not naked!" I heard Richie say. I slowly put my hands down. As soon as I saw Bill my face started burning, he only had boxers on. I saw Bev walking over to me, she knew I was uncomfortable.

"We do this all the time, it's cool, really. Hey guys you go now and we'll be there in a bit." They all nodded and jumped of the cliff one by one and into the water. Once all the boys were in the water, Bill went last and he waved at me as he jumped which made me laugh. Once all the boys were playing in the water and couldn't see me got undressed.

Bev and I walked to the edge of the cliff, my hands starting to sweat. I looked down from the very high jump and my legs felt weak. Beverly grabbed my hand and I looked at her.
"I gotcha," she smiled. "And by the way, you have nothing to be embarrassed about with that body." She winked and we both laughed.
"Thanks, Beverly." I said before we ran and jumped off the cliff.

-

Once I came up to the surface after jumping I heard a cat call coming from Richie.
"Beep beep R-Richie.." Bill said as he blushed madly. I swam as best I could to the shallow end so I could stand in the water while the others played in the deeper part.
"Hey! Come o-over here y/n!" Bill called before getting dunked under the water by Stan.
"Yeah, come on, y/n!" Stan added.
"Um.. coming! One sec..." I said, getting more anxious as I started to swim. I could basically swim just not for long.

As I swam over everyone splashed me, getting water in my face. I laughed but my legs were getting tired already from kicking. The more they splashed me the more I started to panic. Bill must have saw the worry in my eyes because he stopped and yelled, "G-Guys, that's e-enough!" But they didn't take anything from it and kept splashing. Then my head went under, and it wasn't coming up. I held my breath as I tried to swim.
I held it as long as I could while I flailed in the water as my heart rate picked up. I couldn't hold it any longer and I inhaled a ton of water, and then I started gagging which only made things worse.

Everything went black.
Then I felt a pair of arms grabbing me.

-

I woke up on the sand as Bill was giving me CPR. I coughed up water and he pulled away.
"Y/n! Oh god I'm so happy your okay!" Bill said without a single stutter. My face regained colour as he hugged me, soon joined by Bev, then Mike, then all the other losers. After the group hug Bill grabbed my hand and helped me up
. After that we got our clothes back on and started walking to our bikes.

-

"Thanks for, you know, saving my life." I said to Bill as we were riding our bikes. Everyone had gone home now but we decided to go to the meadow again.
I liked to consider it our special spot.

"No problem, r-really." I always thought his stutter was so cute and charming. When we reached the meadow it was starting to get dark. "What time is it?" I asked Bill. "7:26." He answered as he looked at his watch.
"I better get goi-" he grabbed my wrist as I stood up.
"No, stay." I sat down next to him again, my face was now a red hue.
"It's F-Friday, a-after all." He added.
"Okay." I looked at him. He was just staring at the sun, it was starting to set. I leaned my head on his shoulder and stared at the sky with him. It was a perfect moment. Before I could say anything I turned in his direction  and he leaned in. I started to myself but then stopped.

"No, no I'm sorry. You don't want me. I, I'm..." I paused to think of a metaphor.
"I'm, uncharted territory. I've never even had a best friend, let alone a boyfriend!" He looked at me with a sad expression.
"No you're so much m-more than that, y/n. You're smart, and, and b-beautiful, and kind, and w-well, you're not just 'uncharted territory' to me." He grabs my hands. "I, I do want you." Before I can turn away once more he put his lips on mine.

The kiss was so soft and gentle, it made me melt into his arms. He slowly put his hands around my waist as the kiss got more passionate, pulling me closer. I laid my hands on his cheeks. He lightly tugged at my bottom lip with his as I smiled into the kiss.

This was my first kiss with the perfect boy.
I was kissing the guy of my dreams as the sun set. I wondered if this is what the princesses in the fairytales felt like when their Prince Charming kissed them for the first time.
He pulled me even closer as we slowly pulled away, resting our foreheads on each other's.

This was truly the perfect moment.

1598 words