Chapter 8- Swapping Spit

Y/N p.o.v.

Bill scared the shit out of me yesterday.
I'm crazy in love and if he didn't feel the same way I'd be crushed. He's so wonderful, like the last piece of the puzzle that fits perfectly.
Today was Friday and Bill said he was going to take me on a date.
I'd been waiting all week and was so excited, our second date. I didn't have a clue of where we were going, he always wanted me to be surprised.

-

The wind was cold when I was on my morning ride to Bill's house. It was almost the end of fall and I forgot a jacket. As I got closer to Bill's house I could see his mother staring at me through the upstairs window, she obviously was upset with me but I didn't really care, I was just happy to see Bill with a big smile on his face as he waited for me.

-

When Bill and I were walking to our lockers he looked around, grabbed my arm and quickly made his way to the school exit.
"Billy, what are yo-" He put his hand over my mouth as I laughed. Once we were outside of the school he told me his plan.
"We're d-ditching." He smirked.
"If anyone catches us I blame you!" We both laughed as we ran down the sidewalk. The wind got stronger and I started to shiver. "Cold?" Bill asked.
"Yeah, I forgot my jacket." He quickly unzipped his jacket and put it on me.
"Th-there." I blushed then I rested my head on his shoulder as we walked.

Bill's p.o.v.

While we were walking I saw the café across the street.
"Want t-to go to the coffee house?" I asked pointing to it.
"Sure. But it's on me since you payed last." She winked. He headed into the warm, cozy café. There was a big fire place with logs of crackling wood. I ordered a cup of green tea and y/n got coffee. We took a seat next to the warm fireplace as we sipped our drinks.

We were mid conversation when y/n stared out the window behind me, looking a bit worried. I grabbed her hand.
"W-what's the matter?"
"Bowers is outside." She practically whispered to me. I turned around slightly to see no other than Henry Bowers throwing rocks at a 'stop' sign. I turned back around quickly.
"It's okay. Just finish your coffee and we'll leave once he's g-gone." She nodded and took a sip of her drink.

-

A few minutes later we were done our drinks and Bowers was gone so we left the café.

We were walking down the empty street chatting about nothing in particular then Bowers and his friends walked out from an alley and walking around us, surrounding us.

"What do you want, B-Bowers." I made my hands into fists. He noticed and laughed.
"Ha, You think you're gonna punch me in the face again and get away with it? Well, not this time." He said towering over me. He was wounding up his fist when I grabbed y/n's hand and quickly pushed Belch, one of the bullies, which caught him off guard. We ran down the street with Henry following close behind. Henry chased us all the way to the school where y/n and I hopped on our bikes, Bowers couldn't keep up with us.

Y/N p.o.v.

After Bill and I got away from Henry we went to the barrens. I took my shoes off and stood in the water.
It was chilly yet soothing. I almost fell on my ass a few times but I regained balance, Bill was just laughing with me.

"Are you coming or what?" He looked at me and shook his head with a small laugh.
"I d-don't feel like it righ-"
"Oh come on, you'll have fun. I promise." I pouted.
"Fine." He rolled his eyes and I giggled. He took off his shoes and placed his socks neatly inside them then put them next to mine before walking over to me. The water was a bit above our ankles. I reached my hand out and he tried to grab it but fell before doing so. I laughed at him as his bottom half was now soaked. Then he grabbed my hand and pulled me so I fell onto him. We both laughed to the point of tears until standing up again.

We got our shoes back on and walked further and further down the barrens. It was around the time school was over so we decided to meet up with the other losers.
"B-before we go meet the losers," he grabbed my waist.
"I just wanted t-to give you this." He leaned in and gave me a kiss that sent sparks through my body and warmed me up. Then I gave him a kiss on the cheek before jumping on our bikes and riding to the school.

-

We made it just as the losers were getting on their bikes.
"Hey, guys, wait up!" I said as Bill waved.
"Hey lovebirds! Haven't seen you all day! Too busy swapping spit?" Richie laughed at his own joke. "
Beep beep Richie!" Eddie smacked him on the arm.
"Wait, why are you guys so wet?" Eddie added.
"Maybe they did more than swapping spit," Richie whispered to Eddie which made the smaller boy gag. Bill and I looked at each other and laughed.
"Long s-story, where are we g-going anyway?" Bill asked.
"Park? I was going to meet Mike there anyway," Stan suggested.
"Why not!" Bev said before racing down the street on her bike.

-

We made it to the empty park. As soon as I got off my bike Bill tagged my arm.
"You're i-it!" He said before running away. I chased after him but it was no use, he was way faster than me.
Then I had a plan, a maniacal plan.
I fell and yelled, "Owwww!"
Bill stopped dead in his tracks and ran toward me.

"Are you o-okay?" He said kneeling next to me. I slapped his shoulder and said "Tag!"
"Hey, no f-fair!" Then we laid on the grass together laughing until a shadow came over us. "Come on you guys, I know you're young and in love, but you can still have fun with your friends!" Beverly said jokingly. We followed her to our friends sitting in a circle on the grass.

"What are we playing?" I ask as I take a seat next to Bev.
"Truth or dare!" Mike said excitingly.
"I'll go first. I have a good one!" Stan said. "Richie! Truth or dare?" He raised an eyebrow. "I'm no pussy, dare." Richie challenged.
"I dare you to lick Eddie's cheek!" Richie turned a deep shade of red as we all giggled.

"I-I'll get sick and, no, I'm not, no!" Eddie argued.
Then Richie held Eddie's shoulders and smirked as he squirmed, and dragged his slimy tongue up Eddie's cheek as he squealed while trying to hold in a laugh.
Both of them looked as red as tomatoes, especially Eddie.
He whipped his cheek with the back side of his hand, gaging and pushing Richie while doing so .

"Okay my turn I guess," Richie said while he adjusted his glasses.
"Bill truth or dare?"
"T-truth." Bill responded.
"You made it to third base with y/n yet?" He winked. I covered my face as Bill became flustered.
"Richie! G-gross! No! J-just no!" He leaned across the circle and punched his arm.
"Ow! Okay sorry!" He said sarcastically.

"Um, Beverly! T-truth or dare?" Bill asked. "Truth," She said with a nervous laugh.
"Wow all of you are such wimps, I licked Eddie for fucks sake!" Everyone laughed at Richies comment.
"Anyway, out of all the people here, who would you kiss?" He smirked as he made a kissy face which made me giggle.
"Maybe..uh.." She thought while blushing.
"Who?" I asked.
"Y/n! I'd kiss y/n cause she's my girlfriend, duh!" Beverly stated. I laughed as did everyone else.
But I could see for the rest of the game she kept looking at Ben.

1382 words