Chapter 31- Princess

Y/N p.o.v.

My lungs stung as I ran, every breath more painful then the last. My feet thudded on the pavement as I ran away from Derry's local bully; Henry Bowers.
"Y/n! You can't run forever!" He yelled, dragging my name out in a menacing tone.

How did I get into this shit? I was just grabbing my bag from my locker when he slammed it shut, almost crushing my fingers. He tried to grab me, but I didn't let that happen. I didn't want to know what he'd do to me if he did grab me.

I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I had to go somewhere, somewhere far away from Henry. As I ran down the road, I saw a gate. With a 'no trespassing' sign. I hoped over the gate and ran to the tree in the middle of the field. I sat as low as I could to the ground, hoping Bowers wouldn't spot me in the tall grass. My palms were sweating as I saw him stop at the gate, looking for me with a brow raised and an evil smirk.

I noticed his eye, swollen and black, and the marks higher up on his arm. They were deep purple bruises with blood that hadn't quite broke through the skin, making it look like maroon speckles. I couldn't quite figure out what those bruises were from, but I brushed it off and focused on staying quiet.

"I'll get you, princess! Sooner or later, I'll get you! And your fag you call a boyfriend won't be there to save your ass!" He yelled before walking away from the gate and making his way down the road. His words stung my ears as I took deep breaths in and out. Tears threatened to spill, I hadn't been that scared in my whole life. His words played over and over in my head, 'I'll get you', 'fag you call a boyfriend won't be there to save your ass!'.
I shut my eyes tight as I covered my ears with my hands, trying to calm myself down. I was too scared to move, paralyzed with fear. I sat under the tree I call home for a long time, I have no idea how long. It could've been hours.

-

"Where have you been? I was worried sick!" My mother rushed over to me as soon as I opened the door.

"I'm fine mom. I just, lost track of time." I whispered, I was never a good liar.
"Sweetie, just tell me. You don't have to lie to your own mother." She said more calmly as she rested a hand on my shoulder. I didn't know if I should tell her, I don't want her to be under more stress than she already is with the divorce. But it would be for the best if I did tell her.

"Well, there's this kid that goes to my school, Henry, and he was chasing me." I spoke in a hushed tone. I don't know why I was so nervous, it's almost like I felt Bowers watching me, warning me to not dare speak another word.

"Chasing you? What do you mean? Did he try to hurt you?" My mom bombarded me with questions, they made me wince as they hit my ears.
"I don't know. I think he was, trying to touch me." I spoke low with no confidence, my bottom lip quivered at the thought of Henry catching me.

"Touch you? This boy tried to touch you? Oh, sweetheart." She pulled me into her embrace, wrapping her arms around me tightly to the point where it was uncomfortable, but I didn't care. I hugged back just as tight. I felt like I was a little girl again, waking up from a nightmare.
"Are you okay?" She asked, worry lacing every word.
"Yeah, I was just shaken up, I guess."

Y/N p.o.v.

"He ch-chased you all the way here?" Bill asked as he put an arm around me. We sat under the tree, the grass swaying as the wind picked up. The sky that was once clear and blue now was a combination of orange and pink with fluffy clouds.