Chapter 34- Destinations

Y/N p.o.v.

When I moved to Derry, I never would've guessed that all these bazaar things would happen to me in such a short amount of time. I thought I'd be alone, with no one to call a friend, let alone a boyfriend. But a lot had happened that I could never forget.

I moved to Derry Maine.

My dad left.

I almost drowned.

I got my first boyfriend.

I met my best friends.

One of my friends kissed my boyfriend.

And my favourite place in the world had been destroyed by a dick head.

Speaking of the dick head, Henry Bowers murdered his father after the principal spoke to him and Bill that day. The police said that his dad had been beating him which they assumed was his motive.

That's what his wounds were from the day he chased me.

Even though he deserved to go to jail, I felt bad for Henry, he drove him to do it. It was either him or his dad, but that didn't excuse the fact that he was a murderer.

In our senior year, Stan and Mike got together. I never expected it, but when they started to get touchy I became suspicious. Eddie and Richie were broken up for a while, but they fixed it and got back together before the year ended. They were closer than ever after their break.

Prom was amazing. Bill and I finally when to a party/dance without it ending in tears. It was magical. All the losers paired off with their significant other, slow dancing to the music, having the best night of our lives. And let's just say, after that dance, I wasn't a virgin anymore.

But that wasn't the most exciting part of senior year.

They found Georgie.

He had severe PTSD after being kept in an underground bunker for years. The only person he trusted for months was Billy. But after a while he started to regain that trust for the rest of his family, and soon the losers too. It took longer for him to talk to me since he didn't know me prior to his kidnapping, but he warmed up to me eventually.

He's such a sweet boy. So smart too. Obviously he missed years worth of education and was behind, but Mrs. Denbrough did a great job of homeschooling him. Georgie had every fact, every formula down and memorized in a matter of minutes. I was really proud of him, we all were.

There was one day however, a few months after graduation, that holds a special spot in my heart.

"Are we almost there?" I asked as Bill held his hands over my eyes.
"Almost," I could hear his smile.

I had no idea where we were, until Bill helped me jump over a metal structure of some kind.
A gate maybe? Then tall grass started to tickle my legs, making me let out a few laughs.

This was all too familiar.

"O-Open." Billy said, uncovering my eyes.

There was the stump, from where our tree used to stand tall until it was cut down.
I frowned. What was the point of this? To sadden me? Make me think of worse times?  But then my eye caught something next to the stump, tiny and green. A sprout.

But I saw something shiny too, hanging on one of the flimsy branches.

Like a ring.

I turned around, and Bill was on one knee.

"I remember our first kiss, and how excited I was. I hadn't stopped thinking about you since I ran into you. You made my heart beat faster, faster then it had in a long time. And that's when I knew. You were the one. You were my soulmate. And when I saw how happy this tree made you, and how sad you were when it was cut down, I wanted to make you happy again. So I planted another tree. Because I want to make you so, so happy for the rest of your life. So will you let me do that? Will you marry me?"  Bill spoke clearly. Not one stutter.

And I said yes.

We were young, no doubt. Some might say we were too young to get married. But we both knew it would work. We wanted to make it work, and we could.

A few months later we eloped, both agreeing we didn't want a big white wedding, and had the losers over for dinner. It had been a while since we were all together in the same room.

Everyone was explaining the new, exciting things in their lives. Richie and Eddie got an apartment, and Richie stayed there while Eddie went to Princeton. Ben and Beverly were planning on moving to New York, where Ben would work at the New York Times. And Stan and Mike had broken up, but were still good friends, because Stan was going to Harvard and the long distance was too much. I told them I was still waiting to hear back from Harvard, which I was accepted into a few weeks later. Bill was going to Yale, so we did long distance for a while, visiting each other whenever we got the chance.

I can't believe I found the love of my life because I'm a klutz who didn't watch where they were going one time in high school.

Once, I was an empty map with no home, completely uncharted territory. Now, I'm full of destinations and landmarks, each one important to me in a way only I can understand.

Now, I have a home. I have my losers.

989 words

THE END

Thank you all so much. For your comments, for voting, and your endless support. I would never had expected for this book to get the attention it's been receiving. It means so much to me that people cared about my writing, and waited for me to upload. I was getting really uninspired and lost my passion to write for a while, but your comments really pushed me to finish this book.

I wanted to give a special thanks to:

@HarryPotterFan2003

@luvingdobriks

@bisexual_storm

@finnyBOiiiiiiiii

@i_can_read_i_promise

I absolutely loved your comments and they always put a smile on my face.

Thank you everyone who did so much as click on this book. You all mean the world to me.

Happy reading <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮; bill denbrough 🎉