Chapter 16- Okay

Y/N p.o.v.

"Wait, wait, wait. You did what?"

The losers are all gathered in Richie's basement having their second sleepover as a group since the last.

"I, I might have pantsed Bowers in second grade..." Richie confesses with a devilish smirk on his face.

The last sleepover we all had together was eventful to say the least.
Richie and Eddie getting together, of course the others didn't know that. Beverly and Ben's make-out session, and don't forget Mike and Stan's kiss.

-

I was laying my head in Bill's lap while he played with my hair as everyone started to tell unheard stories.

Richie just finished explaining the time he pulled the infamous Bower's pants down in front of the whole class.
Everyone laughed and snickered at the humiliation of the school bully, including me.

It was around a quarter to 6 and we were already getting bored.
"What should we do now?" Eddie whined while leaning his head into Richie's shoulder.

"Maybe we could play D&D?" Ben suggested with a slight shrug.
"Can you be any nerdier?" Mike commented in a friendly way. Ben punched his shoulder and chuckled softly.
"Let's go to the arcade!" Richie yelled, clearly excited. He raised his hand for a high-five but Eddie pulled his arm down.
"L-Let's eat the pizza then d-decide what we want to do." Bill said, almost like he was the father of this big, strange family.

-

We all made our way upstairs and gathered around the dining table. We lunged at the food and put our desired pieces on our plates and dug in.

"So, Mike. Got your eye on anyone?" Bev nudged his side and bounced her eyebrows up and down.
"Not really, all the girls in this town are, well..."
"Airheads?" Richie finishes Mikes sentence without hesitation.
"Lucky I don't have my eyes on girls." I heard Richie whisper into Eddie's ear as he turned red.

I was laughing and having a great time, until I noticed Beverly. She was playing with her food, a rather sad expression planted on her face as she slouched further into her chair.
I didn't know why I was so concerned, maybe it was the fact that Beverly hasn't been, well, Beverly lately. She hasn't been as feisty as she used to.

"Excuse me, I have to go, um, smoke. Bev?" Everyone looked surprised since I don't smoke, and I wasn't planning to.
I lifted my index finger, pointing to Beverly then the door. She looked up with a rather shocked face, like she had been zoning out and finally came back to reality.
She nodded then stood up, following me outside.

Beverly's p.o.v.

"Didn't take you as a smoker," I took my pack out from my jacket pocket, taking two out and handing one to y/n.
"You're right." She said, handing back the cigarette.
"Then what did you want to do?" I laughed as I lit the cigarette and balanced it in between my fingers, taking a long drag. Y/n coughed slightly which I thought was adorable, she's so innocent, it's hard to believe she's frenching with Bill.

"What's going on, Bev?" She said out of the blue. I was confused, I thought she just wanted to let the smoke consume her as we talked about random shit. Turns out it was specific shit.
"What do you mean, I'm fine." I lied, I wasn't fine. I've barely told her anything about me.

"You don't have to lie, it's just me."

The words seemed to calm me down, a released a breath I didn't know I was even holding. I didn't even know where to start, I'm so fucked up in so many ways.
"It's Ben, isn't it?" She tilted her head, god she's clueless.
"Y/n," I sighed.
"Ben is the least of my problems." I laughed at the very true words that left my mouth.
"What is it then? A different boy, school, anything? Please just tell me. You know I love you."
My eyes stung with tears at the words. I had to tell her what's really going on, or went on.

"Y/n, I, I..." I felt the tears build in my eyes till my vision went blurry.
"I'm so fucked. My dad, he, he used to hurt me, until I moved in with my aunt, y/n. And he, I, I..." I couldn't finish my sentence, my sobs were becoming uncontrollable. Y/n quickly pulled me into a hug, she stroked my hair and whispered, trying to calm me.
"Shhh, shhh, it's okay, I've got you. It's okay. You're okay." She kept saying.

The embrace was only a few minutes, but it felt like a whole lifetime. I don't think I've ever felt that loved. Once y/n knew I was okay to go on she let me go and let me continue.

"My father is an awful man. And lately I've, I've been having dreams about him, and what he did. And I'm scared y/n, I'm so scared."
I said as the tears started to flow again.

She hugged me again until I told her I was okay to go back inside.

Y/N p.o.v.

I had no idea how much Beverly has gone through, how much she is going through.

I returned to my seat next to Bill and he shot me a worried look as soon as my skin touched the chair.
"D-Did you a-actually s-s-smoke?" He grabbed my arm. He looked almost like a sad puppy, waiting for his owner to come back home.
"No, Billy, I just had to do something." I whispered as I grabbed his hand off my arm and squeezed it.
"I was just worried about her." I added when I leaned closer to his ear.

"What took you so long? I could've given Ms. K the time of her life in half the time it took you two!" Richie's loud mouth spat out. Eddie punched him but still had a big smile on his face.
"Sorry, Tozier. Your dad didn't want us to leave." Bev winked. Everyone laughed at Beverly's comeback.

And in that moment I knew she'd be okay.

-

Instead of going somewhere or playing a game the losers agreed that we'd watch a movie. After what seemed like hours of arguing, we decided on Ghost Busters. Bill turned on the movie then sat next to me on the love seat, it suits us pretty well.

The talk I had with Beverly and all the things that processed in my head made me tired and scared.
Not even 10 minutes into the movie I already started to feel my eyes getting heavier, like some invisible force pushing my eyelids closed.

Bill noticed my eyes fluttering closed so he grabbed a blanket and a pillow. He put the pillow on his lap then lead my head to it, then he draped the blanket over me carefully, not wanting to interrupt my sleepy state.

I heard the television play the classic film but my eyes were too lazy to watch. I was in between conscious and unconsciousness when I heard Stan tell Bill to follow him.

Bill's p.o.v.

Y/n was lying on my lap when Stan tapped my shoulder.
"Follow me, come on. Please." He practically begged. I rolled my eyes before lifting y/n's head so I could get up without waking her. Stan led me up the stairs and into Richie's room. He let me in first then shut the door behind him.

"What d-do you want?" I crossed my arms. I was getting sick of Stanley and his games.
"I just want to go back to how things were." He said bluntly.
"Well, you made that pretty d-damn hard when you said you liked y/n." I clenched my fists, I was ready to swing.
"Wait, wait. Before you beat the living shit out of me," he raised his hands in defense,

"I just want you to know I'm sorry. I know that you're with y/n and I shouldn't ruin our friendship because of a girl. But feelings make you do crazy things, Bill. You know that better than anyone." I nodded.
"Imagine if I took y/n before you could even get a real conversation in with her, wouldn't you be mad?" I nodded again.
"I-I get it, Stan, I r-really do. I'm s-sorry too, I shouldn't have been such a dick." I rubbed the back of my neck as I chuckled. Stan laughed to, but a bit harder than me.
"We're so dumb, come here." He said with his arms open. I hugged him, but it wasn't like a bro hug. It was real. A real, honest hug. A hug that means you're okay.

Everything would be okay.

1475words