Chapter 17- Anxious

Y/N p.o.v.

After the sleepover we had last weekend Stan and Bill had been getting along and seemed like best friends again, which made me so happy. Billy told me that Stan apologized and so did he, and he also told me that he'd take me somewhere after school since we hadn't had a date in a while.

-

Bill and I were walking hand in hand to our first, and favorite class.
We were probably Mr. L's most hated students, and I didn't even blame him.
We're annoying, obnoxious, loud 15 year olds. But I couldn't help it, I crave Bill's voice in my ears.

Mr. L was writing a lesson on the board when I scribbled down a question that was lingering in my head and handed it to Bill. He read it, smirked, put his reply down in his cursive writing and handed it back.
I grabbed the paper and read;

'Where are we going after school?<3'
'Secret;)'

I should've known.

Bill's p.o.v.

I sat down with my lunch tray next to Stan as I patted his back. He smiled brightly at me before going back to snacking on his food. After a few minutes everyone came to our table except for Richie and Eddie.
"I bet they're making out in the boy's bathroom." Beverly made a joke, but I thought it could be true.

As if on cue, Eddie ran up to the table with a distressed look on his face.
"Have any of you seen Rich?" Eddie asked, then unzipped his fannypack to grab his inhaler and pressed the trigger to let the cool air fill his lungs.
"I haven't seen him since this morning," Beverly said and shrugged.
"I'll help you look, E-Eddie." I volunteered. I stood up and kissed y/n's cheek then began my search.

-

Eddie and I agreed to split up. I went on the left side of the school while he searched the right.

First I looked in the boy's bathroom, no one. Then the band room, nothing. I was about to walk up the stairs when I saw a familiar head of black curly hair through the front doors. I pushed on the heavy doors and I immediately heard sniffles. I sat next to Richie on the stairs and rubbed my hand on his back in an up and down motion.

"Rich," I said in a low, calm voice.
He turned his head to look at me, his eyes and nose as red as a cherry.
"I'm gonna fuck it up, Bill. I'm gonna fuck it all up."

-

I learned very early on in our friendship that Richie had anxiety. He got bad panic attacks and really overthought things.

One time he knocked over his mother's vase while I was over and he rocked back and forth in a corner, with his knees pulled up to his chest, crying his eyes out. he kept repeating, "don't cry, don't cry, it's okay, don't cry."

-

"N-No you're not Richie. What's going on?" I squeezed his shoulder lightly.

"Me and Eddie have been, together, as a couple for a while now," I raised my brows, I didn't expect that.

"And I went over to his house yesterday and we were fooling around, you know, and all the sudden he just pushed me off of him and he got  all quiet, and he wouldn't talk to me! He wouldn't tell me what's wrong, and I just want him to be happy but I made him uncomfortable, all because I'm a fuck up! I do nothing right, Bill! Nothing! And I'm going to loose him because of it!" He said through his tears and sobs.

"Rich, it's Eddie's f-first relationship, he probably got embarrassed, a-and nervous, you're not going to fuck it up Richie, I promise." I pulled him into a hug, and we stayed like that for the rest of lunch.

The bell rang before Bill came back. He was probably still looking for Richie. But it was fine, because he'd take me somewhere after school.

-

My last few classes actually weren't that bad. Stanley's in my art class and he's really good, today he painted a beautiful bird its nest, sitting on top of its eggs.

Ben's in my English class, his poems are amazing and they always made feel relaxed and calm.

-

I grabbed my bag from my locker and walked to the bike rack outside. I was just about to hop on my bike when I felt a pair of arms rap around my waist.

"Hey Bil-" I was frozen in fear when turned around to see Henry Bowers and his evil grin. I immediately push him off of me but before I can run he grabs my wrist tightly.
"What do you want, Bowers?" I meant to sound harsh but it came out in a quiet, scared voice. "Aw, did you say somethin' sweetheart?" He said pulling me closer.

"Don't call me that." I said sternly.
"What, sweetheart?" He put his hands on my waist.

"Sh-She said don't fucking call her that." Bill stuttered. Henry let go of me and walked up to Bill, grabbing his collar.
"W-W-What'd you say, B-B-Billy?" Henry fake stuttered, mocking him. Henry was about to pull out his pocket knife when the principal came towards us.

"Not starting a fight again, are we, Mr. Bowers?" He raised an eyebrow. Henry quickly let go of Bill and said in his sweetest voice, "Me? no sir! Just saying 'hi' to Billy here!" He said as he slowly put an arm around Bill's neck. "Best be on your way now, Henry." The principal said with a rather fake smile. Without another word Henry walked off and so did the principal.

"D-Did he hurt you? Are you o-okay?" Bill said, grabbing my hands and looking for any visible marks or bruises.
"I'm fine, Billy. Thank you." I gently said then kissed his rosy cheek and a small peck on the lips.

-

Bill lead the way to the place where he wanted to take me for our date.

The days got shorter as the weather grew colder, the frost started to bite at my nose and cheeks as we ride down an unfamiliar trail covered by treetops and all types of leaves scatter on the ground.
The trail lead further into the woods, the path got completely engulfed in twigs and snow and nature. It was really beautiful, especially at that time with the golden sun peeking out from behind the trees.

-

Finally we come to a stop.
The trail was beautiful, but this is gorgeous.
A simple cliff, not too high, about a 7 foot drop from the sparkling river below. Behind the river there were hundreds of trees followed by the town of Derry. A small mountain laid below the shining sun, now more beautiful than ever.

"Woah." Was all I could manage to say.
My eyes remained glued on the scenery in front of me, a real life work of art.

"How did you find this place?" I asked, still not looking away.
"G-Georgie and I loved to explore, a-and one day we found this." He gestured towards the view.

The snow came down harder, sticking to my eyelashes.
"It's so beautiful, Bill. It's so beautiful."
I reached my mittened hand out.
"It really is." Bill said while grabbing my hand.
After a few more moments of staring into the valley I looked at the gorgeous boy next to me, his eyes glossed over with tears and his bottom lip quivering as snowflakes fell on his hair that blew in his face.

"You don't deserve this, Billy."
He shot me a look of confusion.
"You don't deserve to feel this pain, this loss."
After my words left my mouth he lunged into my arms and hugged me, burying his face in my neck. I could feel his uneven breathing so I wrapped my arms around him and stroked his hair.

"I'm sorry, love. I shouldn't have said anything." I apologized, how could I have ruined such a perfect moment?

"N-No no, it's okay. G-Georgie wouldn't want me to be sad. H-He'd want me to enjoy the m-moment. Enjoy life." He said pulling away from my embrace and grabbing my hand again. We both turned our attention back to the amazing view, the only sounds were the river running and the wind howling.
"I love you, Bill."
"I love you, y/n."

Maybe I didn't ruin the moment.

1432 words