Chapter 10- The Bathroom Floor

Eddie's p.o.v.

After the bottle landed on Stan for Richie's turn my heart sunk.

For the past few weeks I had been so confused, I didn't know who I was anymore.

It all started about a month ago; Richie and I met up after school like we usually do but this time it was different.
When we were walking to get our bikes, he held my hand.
I remember my face burning up but I didn't pull away, I liked it. Then we started holding hands everyday and went to the ice cream parlor together, just us.

But it wasn't a date, was it?

Because that would be gay, and I'm not gay. Right?

-

"I, I don't feel good." Richie stated awkwardly before he could kiss Stan. I knew something was wrong, I could see it in his eyes, they looked sad and confused.
I bet he could see the same look in my eyes. Without hesitation I told the losers I'd be right back and followed him up the stairs and into the bathroom.

-

"Richie?" I said while slowly opening the door. "Eds? Come in," he said in a depressing, emotionless tone. I walked in and saw Richie sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest as a few tears ran down his cheeks. He looked at me then immediately put his head on his knees.
"What's wrong Rich?" I said closing the door behind me and rushing to his side, taking a seat on the ground next to him. He looked up at me, I could see his slightly red face. I wiped his tears as he began to talk.
"Eddie, why..." he paused to think of what he was about to say.

"Why do you think I hold your hand? Why do you think I always want to do things with just you?" He looked at me in the eyes as he grabbed my hand.
"I, I don't know..." Blush spread across my face.
"I love you Eddie." My heart started to race. "Well I know you love me, like a friend and-" before I could continue Richie put his hands on my cheeks and put his lips on mine. I was shocked but I kissed back.

"Friends don't do that." He smirked then kissed me again. I put my hands around his neck as we moved closer together. I can't believe I had my first kiss with Richie Tozier on the bathroom floor.

Then I heard y/n.
'Fuck' I thought to myself. We quickly pulled away and looked towards the door just as the knob started to turn. We looked at each other and quickly stood up.

"You guys okay?" Y/n asked while raising her brow.
"I heard panting, and were you eating a lollipop or something, your lips were smacking and," y/n told us as Rich and I turned red and my body was stiff.
"Oh, oh, did, did you, were you?" Y/n tilted her head.
"Uh, I, I don't know what you're talking about," Richie tried to hide how nervous he was but failed when he started to fiddle with his fingers.

"You guys ki-"
I pressed my index finger to my lips and stared daggers at her.
"You kissed?" She whispered as she smiled and giggled. Richie and I looked at each other then back at y/n and nodded.
"You can't tell anyone, please." I begged.
"I won't, I promise, but you two are so cute together!" She said a little louder than a whisper.
"Yeah, together," Richie mumbled as a smile came across his face and turned his gaze to me.

"Hey, you found them!" Stan laughed and Beverly joined in.
"You guys go downstairs, we'll be down in a minute," Richie said, still staring at me.
They all made their way downstairs and Richie grabbed my hands.
"Eddie, I love you," I could tell he lost some of his confidence when his hands started to shake.
"I love you too, Rich." I said as I blushed once again.
"Go out with me, Eds?" He took a step closer, making the hair on the back of my neck stick up straight.

Fuck it, I'm gay.

"Yeah, Rich. I will." I whispered. I couldn't see anything but Richie in that moment.
Richie; my boyfriend.