Chapter 5- The Date

Y/N p.o.v.

After a couple minutes of kissing Bill we both pull away, short of breath. I started to blush deeply as I rubbed my arm. Bill tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as I looked up at him.

"You really mean it?" He shot me a confused look and cocked up a brow.
"Mean w-what?"
"That you, you want me." He put his hand on my shoulder. "Of course I do." He looked deep into my eyes. I could tell he was telling the truth. That's what I love about him, he's so honest and loyal. I leaned in and kiss his cheek, I could feel how hot his face was.
"D-do you want to g-go on a d-d-date with me, t-tomorrow?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Of course I do." I held his hands.

"I'll meet y-you here at 3:00pm?"
"It's a date." I give him a warm smile.
"I should go now, I'll see you tomorrow." I peck him on the lips before getting on my bike and riding home.

Bill's p.o.v.

I couldn't believe it. I had just kissed the girl of my dreams and asked her on a date. This is the happiest I've been in a while. Ever since Georgie went missing I've been more depressed than anything. I watched y/n as she rode away on her bike. She's so beautiful, why would she kiss me? She could have anyone. I must've been the luckiest guy on Earth.
I decided to watch the sun set for a few more minutes before heading home. My mom must've been worried sick, but I didn't care.

-

I woke up the next day bright and early and got ready. I couldn't sleep all night I was so excited! I decided to call y/n, I couldn't wait to hear her voice any longer. The phone rang until y/n answered the phone call.
"This is y/n speaking, who's this?" I sighed with relief. She makes me so happy.
"H-Hi, it's B-Bill." I answered.
"Hey Billy, what's up?"
"N-Nothing much, j-just wanted to talk to you." I blushed.
"Aw that's so sweet, I have to get ready but I'll see you later, right?" I could practically hear her smirk through the phone.
"Y-Yep, see you l-later, bye."

Y/N p.o.v.

Time flew by, I was so bored waiting until I got to see Billy. It was 2:25 and I thought I should start getting ready.
I put on my favourite light pink dress and not-too-high-high heels. I put on a little bit of makeup and grabbed my denim jacket as I walked out the door.
"Bye mum!" I yelled before closing the door. I felt bad for not telling her that I was going on a date, I said that Bev and I were going shopping.

-

I walked to the meadow and sat under our tree. Our tree, just Bill and I's special place. Somewhere only we know. I watched the clouds as I waited. Suddenly I heard leaves crunching and twigs snapping. I was alarmed at first but then I looked to the side to see Bill walking over to me.
I stood up and somewhat jogged over to him and gave him a big hug as he gave me a small kiss on the cheek, the gesture made me turn red.

"So, where to first?" I tilted my head as I grabbed his hand. "I was th-thinking ice cream?" I smiled but it soon faded away.
"I'm sorry, I don't have any money." He jerked his head to me and looked surprised.
"Who d-do you take me for, Richie? I'm p-paying." He squeezed my hand. I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked side by side.

After 10-ish minutes of walking we made it to the ice cream parlour. As we walked in I heard a familiar voice.
"Hey you two! Hey Rich, it's y/n and Billy!" We saw Eddie and Richie in a booth drinking milkshakes, well, sharing a milkshake. We quickly let go of each others hands and walked over to them.
"Hey! What are you guys doing here?" I asked. "Oh, um we're just uh..." Richie interrupted Eddie. "Drinking milkshakes! Eds wanted a milkshake, I didn't want one, only Eds, so yeah," He spat out much too loudly as Eddie blushed.
"If you s-say so..." Bill said as I chuckled.
"Well, what are you doing here?"
Richie asked as he wiggled his brows.
"Oh, um, we're just getting ice cream!"
"Like you g-guys." Bill adds.
"Well, we're going to order now so we'll see you soon!" I waved at them as Bill and I walked to the line. "Bye!" Eddie and Richie said.

-

We ordered our ice cream and decided to take a walk through the forest trails. It was beautiful and shaded by the tree tops. It was so calming hearing the birds sing and the creek run. Bill finished his ice cream way before me and as soon as I was done he slipped his hand into mine. I looked at our fingers interlocking, it felt so right. All of this felt right. I decided to say a thought that's been floating in my head.

"We've known each other for what, 3 ish weeks? Almost a month?" He nodded in agreement.
"Well it feels like I've known you forever, I've never met anyone quite like you, Billy."
I tightened my grip on his hand and he did the same. He took a deep breath in and looked at me.

"B-Be my girlfriend. I k-know it's really soon, we've o-only been on one d-date and w-we're just kids bu-"
Before he could say another word I put my hands on his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. Before I pulled away I put a few kisses on his cheeks and watched as his beautiful sea green eyes fluttered open.
"Yes Billy, I'll be your girlfriend."

Bill's p.o.v.

After I asked y/n to be my girlfriend we started walking to her house, but then I had an idea. I pulled her in a different direction and smirked. "Where are you going, my house is that way!" She laughed.
"Just follow me!" We walked for a while until we got to our destination.
"W-We're here!" I announced and she looked around and recognized the area immediately. "The quarry! But I'm not a good swimmer..." She twiddled with her fingers.
"It's okay, I'll help you. And we can stay in the sh-shallow end if you want." She smiled then we started taking off our top layers. I tried not to look at her too much but I couldn't help myself.
"You're g-gorgeous." I said as I held out my hand. "Not to bad yourself." She laughed and took my hand. We jumped off the cliff together and landed with a big splash.

Y/N p.o.v.

When I came up to the surface of the water I looked around for Bill. I started to panic after a few seconds.
"Billy? Bi-" out of nowhere I was lifted up by Bill and I was now on his shoulders.
"Billy you scared me!" I punched him softly as he laughed.
"I'm s-sorry, I'm sorry!" He said through laughter. He let me off his shoulders and we swam to the shallow end.
"Now that y-you can stand I can do... this!" He splashed me over and over as I splashed back.

-

"Let's play Marco P-Polo." Bill suggested. "What are you, five?" I laughed.
"Y-Yes, now you're i-it." I rolled my eyes then closed them. I span in circles in the water until I counted to ten, then I started searching for Billy with my arms out.

"Marco?"
"P-Pollo!"
After a minute or two of that back and forth he stopped answering.
"Marco! Marco?" I shouted as I got a bit more anxious. I could here the water swishing and splashing around me, it was obviously Billy. I gasped as I was startled by the cold hands placed on either side of my waist.
I opened my eyes to see Bill right in front of me with that damn crooked smirk on his face.

I put my arms around his neck and leaned in while standing on my tippy toes in the water. He smiled as our lips brushed against each other's which made me smile too. I ran my fingers through his damp hair as he held my waist close to his body. I melted into his touch, it was so gentle and sweet. He slowly pulled away with his mouth agape and his eyes fluttering open.
"You're amazing, y/n." I buried my head into the crook of his neck.
"You're incredible, Billy."

1498words

An Author's Note:

I know it's cheesy you don't have to tell me twice;)