Chapter 21- Bruises

Y/N p.o.v.

My eyes fluttered open as I woke up, and remembered I wasn't at my house when I saw Bill.
My mouth was dry and my lips were chapped from the cold walk last night. I smiled and kissed his cheek then quietly got up from the bed to get a cup of water.

-

I walked down the stairs while trying not to made the hardwood steps creak. Once I walked into the kitchen I opened one or two cabinets before I found the glasses. I went to the sink and turned on the tap and tested the temperature of the water with my finger. I filled up my cup and took a big sip, feeling the cool water go down my throat.

I walked into Bill's room and sat the glass down on the desk before seeing that he was awake.

"Hey," He said in a croaky, tired voice as he rubbed his eyes.
"Hi," I pushed his hair back and kissed his forehead.
"How'd you sleep?" I asked.
"G-Good, you kept me warm." He giggled softly which made my heart melt. He stretched as I sat on the end of the bed and looked out the window, the snow was piling up. Then I remembered that I didn't tell mum I left to go to Bill's, she must be worried sick.

"Shit," I mumbled, "What time is it?"
"Uh, 7:56, w-why?" He tilted his head as he asked the question.
"I didn't tell my mom I was coming here, I gotta get home, sorry Billy!" I kissed his lips quickly then rushed out of Billy's room, but before I could go downstairs he grabbed my arm.

I spun around and saw he was holding the picture of my dad, mum and I. I couldn't help but notice that he held the frame so that the back faced him so he couldn't see the actual picture, and was slightly looking to the side and held the picture away from his body.

Bill's p.o.v.

"Billy, you can look." Y/n nodded her head towards the frame.
I shook my head, I didn't want to push any boundaries but she took the picture from my hands and turned it so that it was facing me now. My eyes scanned the picture as I stood next to y/n, she wrapped an arm around me and used the other to point to the tall man in the picture.

"That's my dad. You know that night I got totally wasted?" I averted my gaze from the picture and looked at y/n, the memory put a small smile on my face. Looking back now it was such a stupid fight.

"He hit me when I told him."

I assure you I was not smiling now.
I pulled y/n into my arms and hugged her tightly.
"Y/n, I-I'm so sorry," I whispered, "If you ever n-need to talk I'm here-"
"I don't want to talk about it right now." She interrupted me. I frowned at her and she grabbed my hand.
"I'm okay now, really," She pecked my lips, "don't look at me like that. I should really get home now," she fake pouted.
"I'll w-walk with you," I offered and she nodded in agreement.

-

We put our snow gear on and made our way to y/n's house in the brisk morning air blowing in our hair and snowflakes sticking to our lashes. I grabbed y/n's hand and held it in my own, seeing that I had gloves and she didn't.

"Is your dad h-home?" I spat out, I know she didn't want to talk about her dad but I had to know if I was taking her to an unsafe place.
"No, he left the day he hit me." She leaned closer to me as the wind became stronger.

-

We were about a block away from y/n's house when we saw Bowers's car coming towards us.
"Sh-Shit!" Y/n gave me a concerned look but I didn't have time to respond, I tightened my grip on her hand and ran into a dirt path leading into a wooded area. I crouched behind a bush and pulled her down with me.

"What the fuck are you do-" She shouted until I covered her mouth with my hand.
"I saw Bowers!" I whisper-yelled, she nodded and crouched down next to me. I poked my head above the bush just enough to see Bowers's car slowly drive by, his head sticking out the window and looking around, most likely looking for us.

He was about to speed up and drive away but then Victor pointed to the path we went down and they parked the car. Henry and his goons got out of the car, slamming the doors shut and walked down the path. This time y/n grabbed my hand and ran further into the woods. I thought we were in the clear until I heard one howl, "There they are!"

My feet moved faster then they ever had before. We still held hands as we ran deeper down the trail until I, stupidly, tripped over a rock. Y/n turned around and tried to help me up, but we weren't fast enough.

Belch grabbed y/n and pulled her away as she kicked and screamed, dropping her picture. then Bowers walked over to me and put his heavy boot on my chest.

"I've been waiting for this ever since you socked me right in the nose, B-B-Billy." He stepped harder onto my chest, making me wheeze and run out of breath.

"Leave him alone, you fucking psycho!"
Y/n yelled, which caught Henry's attention. "The only psycho here is this queer you call a 'boyfriend' that thinks he can punch me and get away with it!" He laughed like a cartoon villain out of the movies.

It was getting harder to breathe, I tried desperately to get his foot off of me, but he grabbed the collar of my shirt and placed himself over me.

"This might hurt a bit, big Bill," he whispered before slamming his fist into my jaw. I spat out blood as my hearing became fuzzy, everything was static. Before I could fight back he punched me in the left eye, pain shooting into my skin, making my eye already swollen.
I heard y/n crying out, telling Henry to stop.

Just before Bowers could throw in a punch to my nose there was a slight, fuzzy sound I could only assume was a woman shouting.
Bowers got off me and Belch let go of y/n, both running towards their car with Victor following close behind.

Y/n rushed to my side after grabbing her picture, along with a woman that looked very similar to her. My vision was still blurry but I thought it was the woman in y/n's picture.

"Mom, meet Bill."

Y/N p.o.v.

We walked the rest of the way home with Bill's arm draped around my neck so I could help him walk since when he fell he landed on his arm and scraped his knee.

-

Once we got home my mother led the half-conscious Bill to the couch and laid him down.
She rushed upstairs to get the first-aid kit when I kneeled down in front of Billy, putting the picture on the coffee table and taking hold of his cold hand.

Bill's eye was nearly swollen shut, already bruising. He had a big purple-green spot on his jaw and a bloody cut on his lip.
"Oh, Billy," I said while reaching my hand up to carefully cup his cheek that wasn't bruised and he put his own over mine.

"I'm okay, r-really." He said in a tired voice with a half hearted smile. I stood up and placed a small kiss on his forehead then my mother came down the stairs with the red kit in her hand.

She dropped the kit on the coffee table while I helped Bill sit up on the couch. He winced as he moved, his arm probably aching. My mother saw the blood on Bill's jeans from his cut so she told him to roll up his pant leg and he did just that.

"So, Bill. I'm y/n's mother. It's so nice to finally meet you." My mum greeted as she started cleaning the cut. Bill hissed at the disinfectant as soon as it touched his knee.
"N-Nice to meet you t-too," bill smiled, clearly nervous about making a bad first impression.

-

While they talked I went to the kitchen to grab an apple from the fridge since I hadn't eaten all morning, I also grabbed an ice pack from the freezer. I cut up my apple and by the time I got back my mother was already done patching up Bill. I handed him the ice pack and he placed it over his swollen eye as he stuck out his bottom lip and pretended to cry but failed when he started giggling.
"What would I do without you, Billy." I smiled before kissing his cut lips.

1540 words

An Author's Note:
I changed the cover don't get maddd<33