Chapter 11- Detention

Y/N p.o.v.

Bill and I brought our bikes to the bike rack and made our way into the school.
We walked hand in hand to our lockers that were right across from each other.

Once we got into our hallway I saw Bowers on top of some poor kid, he was beating the shit out of him. We moved closer to realize it was Richie and Eddie was trying to get Henry off of him. We ran up to Bowers and started pushing him off of Richie.

"That's what you get for carrying your boyfriend's books, you faggot!" Henry yelled in Richie's bloody face. He stormed down the hallway, pushing any person that was in his way. Eddie rushed to his side and examined his cuts and bruises while he wiped the blood from his nose and lip. We helped Richie up and started walking him to the nurse's office.

"What happened R-Rich?" Bill asked him.
"Eddie had a lot of stuff to carry with his diorama an' all, so I offered to carry his books. Then, then Bowers saw and fucking started wailing on me!" He yelled out of frustration as tears started building in his eyes. Eddie rubbed his back in hopes of soothing him.
"Why does he pick on us? We've never done anything to him!" I started to rant.
"All he's done is make our lives miserable! What an asshole!" I got louder and Bill grabbed my hand to calm me down.

"I just don't get it." I sighed.

-

Once Richie safely made it to the nurse with Eddie, Bill and I headed to our favorite class. Mr. L had given up on keeping us quiet a long time ago. The moment we walked into the classroom Mr. L's smile faded away to an annoyed expression. We both laughed quietly as we took our seats near the back so we wouldn't get caught passing notes. It was the only class we had together so we had as much fun as we could in the little time being.

While I was solving a stupid algebra question Bill thought it was a good idea to tickle me which caused me to laugh hysterically.
Mr. L out of nowhere yelled loud enough to make my ears bleed, "Detention!"
He straightened his glasses and took a deep breath.
"Detention, after school. The both of you."
He clarified. I wanted to laugh but I held it in before I got in even more trouble. I just looked at Bill and shrugged. We didn't dare do so much as pass a note the whole class.

Bill's p.o.v.

After the last bell of the day rang I went to the detention room. I passed Stan and Ben in the hall on my way there.
"Hey, you guys want to go to the quarry today?" Ben asked Stan and I.
"S-sorry, detention." I shrugged.
"Bill Denbrough? Detention? I'd never thought I'd see the day!" Stan said while elbowing me. "Relax, M-Mr. L lost his sh-shit and sent me and y/n to detention." I informed them with a chuckle before waving and continued my walk to detention.

As I made my way into the detention room I saw y/n sat in the back and Bowers on the other side of the room. He eyed me before going back to sharpening a pencil with a pair of scissors. I sat next to y/n and kept my distance from Henry.

"Someone must have tattled on Bowers for beating up Richie." Y/n whispered.
"Alright, detention begins now, you'll go home in 2 hours, got it?" Mrs. G said before pulling her hat over her face and drifted to sleep.

Once she started snoring Bowers walked over to us and took a seat.
"What do you want, B-Bowers?" I grabbed y/n's hand.
"Relax pipsqueak, if I beat you up too she'll hear your pathetic little screams and wake up. I'm gonna leave, but if I see trash-mouth or that little pixie doing anymore gay shit again, they're dead." He threatened, pointing the scissors at us. We both flinched at the gesture which made Henry laugh before standing up and leaving.
God I hate him.

Y/N p.o.v.

After the 2 hours was up Mrs. G was still asleep so we woke her up and told her it had been 2 hours. She didn't believe us at first but then looked at the clock and let us go. We walked to our lockers to get our stuff before riding to our spot. We grabbed our backpacks and went to the bike rack.
"Race you!" I said before speeding down the empty street.
"Hey! S-slow down!" He yelled after me as we laughed.

-

A little while later we made it to the 'no trespassing' gate.
"Beat ya!" I said proudly.
"Okay, okay. You w-win." He hopped over the rusted gate and I followed. We took a seat under the tree and started to talk about Bowers.
"He's such a dick, you know? How could a person be so cruel?" I said.
"I don't know, I m-mean it's not fair that Richie is getting the shit knocked out of h-him just for helping out his f-friend," I looked away for a moment as he continued speaking, trying to not blurt out the truth about Eddie and Richie's relationship.
"It's not fair th-that any of the losers are getting beat up!" Bill clenched his fists.

I rested my head on his shoulder as I gently traced my finger up and down his arm. Slowly he started to calm down.
"That feels nice." He smiled. His smile was the most precious thing I'd ever seen.

Before I knew it I was kissing his soft lips. I pulled away expecting it to be a quick peck but Bill put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, kissing me again. I put one hand on his cheek and the other around his neck. Then his lips traveled down my neck, but this time it was rougher than usual.
"Billy!" I laughed which made him chuckle before kissing my lips again. We moved closer until there was no space between us. His kisses made me melt into his arms, I wanted this to last forever.

Bill and I pulled away to catch our breath. "That was the best kiss of my life." I said as Bill snickered. Then he looked at my neck and back at me.
"Um, you got s-something right there.." he pointed to wear he kissed my neck.
"Bill! Please don't tell me you gave me a hickey! My mom will kill me!" I punched his arm while he laughed, before covering it with my hair. He stood up and reached for my hand, I grabbed it then he pulled me into his arms and pecked my lips.
"I love you." He whispered in my ear.
"I love you, too." I said back while hugging him. We walked to our bikes and rode home.

Bill's p.o.v.

I couldn't ride y/n home because I knew my mother was waiting for me. I put silver in the garage and quietly walked into the house. I tiptoed up the stairs and into my room then closed the door behind me.

"Phew." I said relieved. "Phew?" I heard someone say, I knew exactly who it was.
"Hi, mom." I said with a fake smile.
"Can you explain why I got a call from the school telling me that my son got detention?" She stood up and started walking over to me, her arms crossed.
"Come down m-mom, I was just t-talking a lot in class." She rolled her eyes.
"Who were you talking with? Y/n?" I could see the steam coming from her ears.
"No, S-Stan." I lied.

"Sure, listen Billy, that girl is no good for you! Why are you not listening to me?" She yelled as I massaged my temples.
"She is good for me! She makes me happy, mom! Not a lot of things make me happy since Georgie died!" I spat back, I didn't even stutter which made my mother rather shocked. She sighed and pulled me into a hug, but I didn't hug back.
"Okay Billy, I trust you, but if she gets you into any more trouble you can't see her." She reasoned. Then she walked out of my room and closed the door behind her. I flopped on my bed and let out a big sigh.

1433 words