Chapter 32- Home

Y/N p.o.v.

I inhaled sharply as I stretched. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I sat up, I must've fallen asleep on the couch.

"G'morning," I mumbled sleepily, only to realize there was no one to say good morning to. I furrowed my brows and looked around the room, hoping I'd see some form of life.
I heard faint chatter coming from upstairs so I decided to investigate.

I crept up the stairs to see everyone gathered in the kitchen, munching on pancakes, bacon and hash browns.

"Sleeping beauty's awake." Stan plainly said, pausing his eating as he looked at me. Everyone turned their heads, Richie even snickered.

"What's so funny, four eyes?" I put my hands on my hips, watching my mouth since Bill's mother must be near. Who else would make this beautiful breakfast for such a big group?

"Your hair." Richie said as he laughed, earning a slap from Eddie as he himself tried to hold in a laugh. I screwed my face up before rushing to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror to be greeted by a hag. My hair was frizzy and in knots, it was truly the definition of 'bed head'.

"Dammit."

-

All the others left the Denbrough's house, leaving Bill and I to spend some time alone together. We danced around his room as the lyrics of 'Good Vibrations' filled the room.

"I, I love those colorful clothes she wears,
and the way the sunlight plays upon her hair,"
Bill sang along as the song played. He grabbed my hands in his and jumped around like a rabbit.

"I hear the sound of a gentle word,
on the wind that lifts her perfume through the air,"
Bill spun me around as I laughed. He kept pointing to me as he sang, as if he wrote every word for me.

"I'm pickin' up good vibrations,
she's giving me the expectations,"
I swung my arms in the air as the chorus played. Bill pretended to play the tambourine as he danced around me.
Bill knows how to make me smile.

-

Bill hummed The Beach Boys song we just listened to as we walked in the brisk evening air. I smiled as I walked backwards in front of him.

"So where do we want to go?" I asked, we hadn't picked a destination yet.
"The m-movies?" He shrugged. I shook my head.

"Nah, I'm not in a movie-watching mood. Hey, Why do they call it 'the movies'?" I asked Bill as I reached out for his hand.
"Maybe because they play movies th-there?"
He laughed as he took my hand.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Any other ideas on where to go?" I started to swing our hands back and forth.
"There's the q-quarry, the barrens, the park, th-the diner-"
"Our tree! Of course, let's go to our tree!" I exclaimed as I face-palmed myself.
"Our tree i-it is." Bill laughed as he shook his head.

-

"Well well well, look who showed up. B-B-Billy and his pathetic excuse for a girlfriend."

I stood at the gate, the 'no trespassing' sign hung on it. I was frozen. Frozen with fear and shock. 'Am I going to faint?' I thought as my knees became weak. Tears ran down my cheeks as I fell to my knees.

Henry Bowers cut down our tree.
Henry fucking Bowers cut down our home.

He had a chainsaw in his hand as he stood with one foot on the tree. My vision was blurred and my hearing became fuzzy. All I could hear was static.

Bill ran over to Henry and punched him, I think. I couldn't tell what they were doing, I couldn't tell anything. Is this real? Am I in a nightmare? That must be it, this didn't happen, it couldn't happen. No one could be this cruel, this heartless.

I rested my head against the gate as I cried silently. Not a sniffle, not a sob. Not a noise.

-

"Y/n, y/n p-please stand up." Bill placed a hand on my back as he wiped a tear off his cheek. I hadn't moved in half an hour at least.

After Bowers left I ran to the tree. I rested my head on the trunk as I traced the lines on the bark. Bill sat beside me the whole time, leaning the back of his head on the tree. Now he stood behind me, begging me to move.

"No." I said bluntly.
"P-Please."
"No. I don't want to."
"You h-have to."
"No I don't!" I lashed out, my voice breaking more with every syllable. Bill took a step back.

"I don't have to do anything! I could stay here all day if I wanted! It's not like I have anything at home to come back to, my dad's gone and my mom's probably shit faced like she always is! She only cleans up when you come over! This was my r-real home, Bill. This was my real home." I cried as I looked at the ground.

Bill lifted my chin with his finger. He looked into my eyes as I did the same. He slowly leaned in and connected our lips, capturing me in a gentle kiss. His lips were like clouds, so soft and plush. He moved his hand from underneath my chin to the back of my head, keeping me close to him.

He pulled away as he then pulled me into his embrace, stroking my hair in an attempt to calm my nerves. It was working.

"That tree isn't your home. I am. just like you are mine." He said as he smiled.

"You mean it?" I whispered whilst looking up at him.
"Of course. 100%. Yes. Si. Oui." I giggled as he continued to say yes in various languages.

"Even though I'm happy you said that, I'm still sad that the tree is gone. We had our first kiss here. You told me you loved me here. And that fuck-face Henry Bowers cut it down." I said as I looked at the tree, tears starting to brim my eyes.

"I know, I'm s-sad too. I'm devastated even. It took a lot of b-balls to kiss you," I laughed as he went on. "But you can't let it g-get to you. People like Henry want to make you m-miserable, they want to get a reaction. But you can't give them the s-satisfaction. Alright?" He said calmly as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"How do always know exactly what to say?" I gave him a crooked smile as I cupped his cheek.
"I g-guess I'm just, lucky? I don't know," he mumbled as I laughed.

"C'mon, let's go get s-something to eat." Bill smiled as he reached for my hand.
I gladly took it as we made our way past the fallen tree, past the tall grass, past the gate with the 'no trespassing' sign, and down the road to the diner.

I only had one thing on my mind as we walked hand in hand;

Bill Denbrough is my home.

1202 words

An Author's Note:

This isn't the last chapter!! We still got like 2 more. And I'm going to have a little section on the last chapter where I'll thank a few people who've shown the most support on this book.

Happy reading <333