Chapter 27- Spider

Bill's p.o.v.

"Y/n tells me that your birthday is next week, is that so? You know, I've always wanted a birthday in January."
Y/n's mother said and smiled as she cut into her chicken breast. She invited me over for dinner, y/n told me she's apparently rather fond of me.
"Yeah, it's on the 28th." I said with an bashful smile as I stabbed a pea with my fork.
"He's turning 16, soon enough he'll be driving." Y/n added before wiping the corners of her mouth with a napkin. I was going to take a bite of my chicken but it slid off the fork and fell on the hardwood floor.
"Dammit," I mumbled to myself. My eyes widened after realizing what I said. "D-D-Darn it! I mean, darn it." I corrected myself. Y/n snickered as her mother shook her head with a chuckle.
"Oh that's alright dear, I don't mind. I don't have the cleanest vocabulary myself." She winked before standing up. "Done with your plates?" She asked the both of us, y/n passed her her plate and I did the same.
"Th-Thank you, and thank you for dinner too. It was delicious." I said sincerely. It was one of the best dinners I've ever had.
"You know, your stutter's gotten better, Bill." Y/n's mother said as she walked out of the kitchen and back into the dining room.
"I guess speech therapy is pa-paying off." I said with a laugh which was joined by hers.
"I better get home, but it was lovely s-seeing you again." I said as I walked over to the main entrance.
"You sure you don't need a ride sweetheart?" She offered as she poked her head from out of the kitchen doorway.
"I'm a-alright, really." I assured her as I slipped my arms through the holes of my jacket.
"Alright, until next time!" She said before walking over and giving me a hug.
"U-Until next time." I nodded as I started twisting the doorknob.
"Wait!" I heard y/n call from the kitchen. Once she came running over she threw her arms around me and planted a kiss on my cheek.
"Bye." She said in a gentle voice.
"Bye." I said with a smile.

Y/N p.o.v.

"What a lovely boy." My mom said with the slight sway of her head. She picked up a pot and ran it under hot, soapy water.
"So you really like him?" I asked as I looked up from the sink and into her eyes.
"Of course I do, I absolutely adore him," She put down the pot. "But I adore you more." She said sweetly as she pinched my cheek. I laughed as I swatted her hand away.
"You two are good for each other, you know that?" She said as she went back to washing the dishes. "How so?" I asked as I grabbed the pot and started to dry it with a blue and white stripped tea towel.
"You're just good together. You're both so kind and smart, and so happy. Especially when you're together. I couldn't have asked for a better son-in-law." She said as she nudged my side with her elbow.

Suddenly a knot formed in my throat, making it nearly impossible to speak.
"Thank you." I whispered as tears clouded my eyes. I tried my best to blink them away.
"For what?" She said with a bit of a laugh trailing after.
"For being you." I said as I hugged her, wrapping my arms tightly around her waist.

-

I was sitting at the kitchen table with a bowl of Cheerios in front of me as I viciously scarfed spoonfuls down. Every time the losers met up I'd always be the last one there, but not this time. I was going to be there before anyone. Ben said to meet us at his house at 11am. It was 10:30 and Ben's house was only a 7 or so minute drive. My mom had to drive me so I told her to set her alarm, but I started to think she forgot since I didn't hear much noise upstairs. After putting my bowl in the dishwasher I decided to check and see what my mom was doing. I walked up the stairs, the only things being heard through the upper level of the house were the stairs creaking and snoring.
Snoring?
I ran into my mother's room and there I saw her fast asleep in her bed.

"Mom!" I yelled as I shook her awake.
"Wha, what? What! I'm up! I'm up!" She slurred as she sat up, lifting her hand to rub her eyes.
"I told you to set an alarm!" I said as I crossed my arms.
"I know, and I did!" She furrowed her eyebrows. "See it's only," She pointed at the clock on her bedside table. "10:43? Shit! I'm so sorry y/n, I'll get ready as quick as I can!" She said as she hopped out of bed and headed towards her bathroom. I groaned as I flopped onto her bed.

Bill's p.o.v.

"One two, three four five, six, seven, where's
y/n?" Ben asked after counting heads.
"Can't we just go without her? I'm sure she won't care!" Richie begged him.
"Hey! We-We're not going without her, you douche." I said as I smacked him upside the head. Then we heard a knock at the door, or rather a dozen. As soon as Ben opened the door y/n bursted through the doorway, looking around at us frantically.
"Oh you have to be fucking kidding me! Shit! Shit, shit, shi-"
"Hey! Y/n! Yeah my parents are just upstairs, so uh, zip it." Ben said through gritted teeth.
"Ugh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm always late!" She whined as she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my torso and buried her face in my chest.
"It's not a problem, you just set us back," Stan glanced at his wrist watch. "Half an hour or so." He said with a nod. Y/n lifted her head off my chest and stuck her tongue out at him, he did the same.
"So, what exactly are we doing, Hanscom?" Mike asked with the raise of his brows.
"Put your jackets on and follow me."

Y/N p.o.v.

Once we got our jackets on, we followed Ben outside and went down a trail that goes through the forest behind his house. While walking down the narrow path, Richie pretended to push Eddie down a hill which made Eddie hyperventilate.
"I'm so sorry, Eds!" Richie kept saying, to which Eddie turned his head and looked the other way with a pouty lip. I laughed at the couple, and soon the rest joined in. They both joined the laughing too, slowly leaning into each other as they walked. They could never stay mad at each other.

-

"Here we are!" Ben announced cheerfully, a proud smirk displayed on his face. We had stopped in the middle of an opening, trees surrounding the secluded area covered by moss and small batches of snow.
"Exactly what is here?" Stan asked, gesturing to the opening around us, there wasn't anything there.
"Here is here." Ben rolled his eyes as he pushed  away snow and leaves to reveal a wooden trap door. He lifted the door open, from which steps descended into an underground fort. One by one we walked down the stairs. There were logs supporting the walls and ceiling, and even a hammock hung from between two of them. There were bookshelfs and chests filled with who knows what.
"Did you make this Haystack?" Richie asked as he looked around, it seemed like he was pretty impressed.
"Yeah, well, I got help from my dad. But other than that, I made it." He admitted while he fiddled with his fingers.
"Th-This is amazing, Ben!" Bill piped up as he looked through the board games in one of the chests.
"I have to bring some shower caps next time I'm here." Stan said as he looked at the few cobwebs collecting in the corner.
"Why the fuck would you bring shower caps?" Richie asked as he walked over to Stan.
"Spiders. You don't want that in your hair, do you?" He said as he pointed to a wolf spider. Richie let out a scream which made me yelp along with Eddie.
"Oh my god! Why are you screaming?" Eddie asked, obviously panicked.
"There's a fuckin' spider! It's huge! Holy fuck! Holy fuck, kill it!" He begged Stan.

I hate spiders.

"Oh my god, someone kill the damn thing!" I begged as I clung to Bill.
"Relax, it won't hurt you." Mike said as he walked over to the corner it was in. He cupped his hands and scooped it up. Eddie started gagging.
"Holy shit! Don't come near me with that thing!" Richie shouted as Mike walked passed him. I tightened my grip on Bill's coat sleeve as Mike held the spider. He was smiling at it as it climbed all over his hand. Mike walked up the stairs and brushed it off of him and onto the ground, letting it live another day. I slowly let go of Bill.

"Geez, Rich. I never knew y-you were that scared of spiders." Bill said with a snicker.
"I am not scared of spiders. I just, wanted to freak Eds out. That's all." He said as his cheeks turned pink.
"Well it worked, asshole." Eddie said as he punched Richie's shoulder.
"So, I should bring shower caps then?" Stan asked as he cocked a brow.
"Yes please." I said quietly.

1622 words