chapter two

When we arrived at the rink, my brothers and I went in to Rink B, the same one we played on every year

When we arrived at the rink, my brothers and I went in to Rink B, the same one we played on every year. Seeing as nobody was getting cross checked into the boards in our family scrimmage we didn't require pads. All three of us wore remotely the same outfit every year, straight leg sweats, high socks, a hoodie, and a jersey of our choosing over top.

"When did you get that sweater?" Liam asked, referring to the Travis Zajac jersey I was wearing.

"A couple years ago for Christmas, haven't worn it too much so I figured I'd dust it off to school you boys." I said, tying my skates.

"Oh we'll see about that." Brady said, pulling his gloves on and grabbing his stick.

As the boys and I were getting warmed up and taking random shots we heard the doors open to the rink. All of us turning to see three boys walking in.

"Oh hey Luke." Brady said, skating over to the bench they were entering with Liam behind him.

I recognized the kid, he was on the boys club team. He had two older boys with him, his brothers I'm assuming.

"Peyton," Liam called, signaling me over with his hand. "This is Luke Hughes, he's on our hockey team."

"Hey Luke, nice to meet you. You're a really good player." I said.

"Thank you." He smiled, "These are my older brothers, Quinn and Jack."

Quinn was the older of the two, he was taller than me which isn't hard to accomplish as I was only 5'3''. He was about 5'10'' with brown hair and green eyes. Jack was about the same height, brown hair and blue eyes, and a wide smile.

"Hey, I'm Peyton Cane." I smiled.

"Nice to meet you." Jack smiled.

"Wait, your dads Rob Cane right?" Luke asked us.

"Yeah that'd be him." I laughed, picturing the goof.

"Damn, that's cool." Quinn said.

"Cool? Didn't you just get drafted to the Canucks?" I asked, giggling.

"Haha, yeah." He smiled.

"That's pretty freakin' cool, congratulations." I smiled.

"What are you guys doing here?" Luke asked my brothers.

"It's our tradition, we play hockey the night before school starts every year." Brady explained.

"You play?" Quinn asked me.

"Yeah," I laughed, shaking the stick in my hand.

"Well, do you mind if we crash your tradition, get a little three on three action?" Jack asked.

"That depends, can you keep up Hughes?" I asked him, watching as all three Hughes boys looked shocked.

"She chirps a lot." Brady said.