chapter twenty-seven

"How is it possible that it's already been three months?" Alex asked as we walked through the mall

"You're asking me?" I laughed.

"Okay, you wanna stay away from heart shaped jewelry. Peyton thinks it's tacky." Trevor told me.

"I already got her a necklace for her birthday, what the hell do I do now?" I said.

"Considering you blew the gift thing out of the water when she was my girl, thanks again for that by the way, yeah I have no clue how you're gonna pass that up." Trevor teased, earning a punch from me.

"Peyton gets back tonight and you waited until now to get her a gift?" Alex asked.

"Well when she told me she was spending Christmas in New Jersey, I asked when she wanted to do gifts and she said when she gets back before the New Years Eve party." I said.

"Which starts in 5 hours and your girlfriend lands in 2." Trevor said.

"Not helping." I told him. "Alright Rowdy, think."

"What does Peyton like?" Alex asked.

"YouTube." Trevor said.

"Oh yeah, let's buy her YouTube." I said. "She just got her camera in like August, she's got three hard drives, a laptop, that's a bust."

"Excuse me." Trevor said mockingly.

"The Devils." I said.

"That would have been great if you remembered a week ago so you could order something from New Jersey." Alex said.

"Hell, even two days ago with Amazon." Trevor said.

"Again with the not helping." I scolded.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute." Alex stopped us, standing in front of a photography store.

"She already has a camera Turcs." Trevor said.

"No let's go in and take a picture together and frame it. She's always taking pictures of us and posting them on VSCO, especially of Jack, we can frame a few." Alex said.

"I can make her a scrap book." I said and Alex and Trev looked at me. "I can make her a scrapbook with pictures we've taken in the past three months and pictures of us setting up her surprise party. Basically just a look back on senior year. Dude you're a genius." I hugged Alex.

"That was all you. She's gonna love that." Alex said.

"Now what the hell are we getting her?" Trevor said.

"Oh, I did that already." Alex said. "I got tickets to the Red Wings v.s. the Devils and a new sweater, Miles Wood."

"You know her dad gets her in to Wings games." Trevor smiled.

"Thought that counts, Z." Turcs patted his shoulder. "Let's get you to Walgreens."

Alex and I started walking off as I began choosing photos to develop.