chapter nineteen

"You're really pissing me off Trevor, ya know that?" I said as Peyton flew out of the lot

"I didn't do anything!"

"You think I don't know you're telling Peyton shit about Chelsea from last year, or that Chelsea didn't know who she was. You're deliberately trying to get her to leave me." I explained.

"What? Jack that's insane! She's my best friend, it's not like that with me and Peyton at all, not anymore. I'm just telling her the truth," Trevor said. "Someone's gotta."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"You went and sat with her everyday and talked about your day and never brought up Chelsea snooping around again! What's that about Rowdy?" Trevor yelled at me.

"Oh fuck you! I didn't talk about Chelsea because it means nothing to me!"

"You didn't talk about it because you love the attention! You always have!" Trevor yelled. "When you first met Peyton you loved that a hot girl was paying attention to you again, you even bragged that she called you Hughesy. You don't care what happens to Peyton! As long as you have someone to keep you satisfied when she's gone."

I jumped forward and grabbed Trevor by his shirt, throwing him back against his truck as Alex tried to pull me off.

"I love her!" I screamed in his face.

Alex managed to get me off of him and Trevor stared at me with a blank expression.

"I love that girl, don't you ever try and tell me anything less." I said, walking back into the school, ignoring Alex's calls to me.

I spent my free hour in the library alone and at the end of the day I met Dukes and the twins at my car like usual.

"What gives? I thought Peyton came back today?" Brady asked me.

"She did, she left at the start of privilege." I explained starting the car.

"Is she okay?" Liam asked. "Was she any better?"

"I don't know, we didn't talk much." I explained. "Ask Trevor."

The boys were silent for the rest of the ride and when I pulled up to Peyton's her car wasn't there. The twins got out and as soon as they were inside I pulled away.

"So you didn't talk to Peyton?" Luke asked.

"Not a lot." I said

"Does it have to do with Chelsea?" He asked.

"Luke--"

"Jack, she's the worst type of puck bunny. She doesn't care that you have a girlfriend, she's been after you for over a year and she'll keep going until she gets what she wants. She's gonna ruin what you have with Peyton. Look, it's your relationship so do what you want, but for the record, I really like Peyton." He explained before putting his air pod in and turning to look out the window.

I drove the rest of the way home in utter silence, not even the radio. When I pulled in my driveway, Luke got out without saying a single word to me. I really didn't feel like going inside and doing homework so I decided to drive around. I got some food and ended up hitting the gym for a lift. I drove by myself around Plymouth for hours before I realized it was almost 10 o'clock and started to head home. When I arrived at my house, Alex's car was parked outside my house.

"Great." I said under my breath, shutting off my car before getting out.

I walked through my front door and into my kitchen to see the boys sitting at the island with my brother.

"Sup." I said to Quinn.

"You tell me." He responded. "Chelsea Comar? Really?"

"Jesus christ, you just love telling people huh?" I said to Trevor.

"Trevor didn't have to tell me, Dukes did. What are you doing, Jack?"

"Nothing! I'm not doing anything!" I yelled.

"Exactly! You should be telling her to stop flirting with you because you have a girlfriend." Trevor said.

"Don't start with me again."

"No, Jack." Alex spoke up. "He's absolutely right. You talk a big game of being the perfect boyfriend but a perfect boyfriend wouldn't flirt with another girl while he already had the one he loves."

"I don't flirt with her!"

"But you don't tell her to stop so to her, it looks like you're playing hard to get, and you know that." Alex said. "I really didn't wanna get involved but this is getting ridiculous. I know you can't be wrong but yiu are."

"Wow." I scoffed as Alex pulled out his phone and stepped into the living room.

"You into her?" Quinn asked me.

"Chelsea? No of course not! I love Peyton." I said.

"You're kidding." Alex said. "Alright, yeah. We're on our way."

"Who was that?" Trevor asked.

"Case, we gotta go." Alex said, grabbing his keys.

"We're kinda in the middle of something here Turcs, C.O.D. can wait." Trevor said.

"Trust me, this is more important." Alex said to Trevor.

"It's Peyton." I said and Trevor's eyes went wide.

"What?" Trevor asked.

"Jack..." Alex said.

"What's wrong with Peyton?" I asked.

"She just had a little too much to drink, it's fine." Alex explained.

"What? Where is she? Who just called?" I rambled.

"Some party for the football team on the North side and that was Case, she's with him and Boldy so she's fine, they just need a ride."

"Why didn't they call me?" I asked.

"Peyton told them not to." Alex said, looking at the floor.

"I'm coming with you." I said.

"No, Jack." Alex said.

"Yes!"

"She told Case she doesn't want to see you right now, I wasn't supposed to say anything to you at all!" Alex yelled. "Trevor you're with me now or your couch cruising at the Hughes'."

"I'm with ya." Trevor stood up. "I'll keep you posted, Rowdy."

"Thanks." I sighed.

The boys left and Quinn gave me one last look before walking off to go upstairs. I sat with my head in my hands, my leg bouncing violently while I waited for a text from Trevor.

New message from Z

Z
Got her.