chapter eighteen

It's been 4 days since the funeral and I haven't been back at school, Brady and Liam went back on Wednesday

It's been 4 days since the funeral and I haven't been back at school, Brady and Liam went back on Wednesday. I've been following the same routine, I sleep until noon, make myself lunch, and then go back to sleep. Then at 3:15 the boys come home, Jack comes to pick them up for practice while Trevor or Alex stays with me, then Jack comes over until they all have practice, the twins come home, my mom makes dinner, sometimes Trevor or Jack comes over again, and then I go to sleep. My mom decided that it was time for me to go back to school. I managed to convince her to let me go in during lunch. I pulled myself out of bed at 10:30 and brushed out my hair. I threw on a white crew neck and some leggings before brushing my teeth and heading out. I drove over to school and pulled into an empty space beside Trevor's truck. I walked into the main office and signed myself in. Once I had my late pass I went to my locker to dump my books and head to the cafeteria where all my friends were. I decided not to tell them I was coming back in today, mainly because I was hoping I could convince my mom I wasn't. I walked into the cafeteria and saw the boys and Marley at our usual table, laughing and throwing food at each other. Trevor noticed me in the door way and cracked a huge smile, jumping up and running over to me.

"Ugh!" He happily grunted as he hugged me tightly to his chest and lifted me off the ground. "I didn't know you were coming back today."

"Yeah, no one did. I wasn't planning on it but my mom thought it was time." I explained.

"Well, you look good P. It's been a while since I've seen you upright." He said, hugging me again as we started walking toward the lunch line. "How have you been?"

"You mean since 11PM yesterday when you left my house? Sleeping." I responded.

"Fair enough." Trevor laughed.

I looked up at the table as we waited on line and saw Marley and Alex looking over some notes together, Case and Cole fighting over food, the twins and Luke talking about hockey I'm sure, and Jack sitting beside a blonde girl.

"Who's that?" I asked Trevor, grabbing a muffin and a water.

"Chelsea Comar, we were pretty close with her last year. Puck bunny." Trevor said. "Like a real one not like we call you."

"For who?" I asked.

"Uh, pretty much the whole team." Trevor said. "Never quite cracked Rowdy though."

"Oh but she cracked you?" I asked and Trevor turned bright red.

"I'm a teenage boy, she's a good looking female, you do the math." Trevor laughed, paying for my lunch.

"When you say, never quite cracked Rowdy, what do you mean?"

"Uh, pretty sure they made out at a party and that's about it. If I remember correctly it was quick too, like two minutes tops." Trevor explained. "If you ask me she only messed with us to get to him and he just didn't seem to care. Either that or he was really good at playing dumb." Trevor said as we walked up to the table. "Hey look who I found."