chapter twenty-one

"So what's the plan for the rest of today?" Jack asked, rubbing small circles on the back of my hand

"I have Chris for the day so count me out," Marley said, watching her younger brother run around the living room.

"Well wait, we're not ditching you on a Saturday just because you have the little guy. He's cool as fuck." Jack said.

"He's definitely cooler than Trevor and we hang with him on the regular." Alex joked.

"You guys are so mean." I giggled, standing up and clearing plates.

"How long do you have to watch him, babe?" Alex asked Marley.

"My parents are away until tomorrow morning." Marley said.

"So we'll do fun stuff with the kid all day, Jack hasn't been to Chuck E. Cheese in at least-- wait Peyton how long have you two been together?" Alex asked.

"A little over a month. Why?" I asked.

"Because that's how long Jack's been pretending to be an adult."

"Fuck off Turcs." Jack laughed, finishing off his coffee.

"What do you think dude? Wanna spend a day with the big kids?" I asked Chris.

"Yeah!" He rejoiced.

"Awesome." Marley smiled.

"Come on dude, let's go get dressed. Where do you wanna go first?" Alex asked, as Chris ran off toward the stairs.

"Come on Jack!" Chris yelled.

"Oh, sorry." Jack smiled, kissing my cheek before jogging to catch up to the boys.

"Can I borrow clothes?" I asked Marley as we loaded the dishwasher.

"Yeah of course." She smiled before we ran up to Marley's room.

As we passed Christopher's room he was showing Jack all his transformers and explaining what each of them did while Alex was looking through his closet.  Marley and I went in her room and I went to her closet, beginning to pull out things I liked.

"I'm wearing the white sweater so don't even think about it." Marley said from behind me.

"Which white sweater?" I asked her.

"The one you're thinking about trying on to convince me to let you wear it." Marley said, reaching over me to grab the sweater off the hanger I was looking at.

"God, you're annoying." I giggled, pulling out a tan colored sweater.

Marley sat down at her makeup table as I jogged into her bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face with the products I kept in her medicine cabinet. When I went back to her room, Marley had pulled out my emergency makeup bag and set it on the end of her makeup table. I grabbed it before sitting on her fluffy grey carpet in front of the full body mirror and began to do my makeup. Once I was done I pulled a brush through my hair and threw on the tan sweater I had chosen and a pair of white jeans with a pair of low brown booties.