chapter twenty-six

"They're getting really sus about me now," Trevor's voice woke me from my dream

"They're getting really sus about me now," Trevor's voice woke me from my dream. "They keep asking me who I'm talking to and why I'm always checking my phone. I don't know how many more side steps I have left in me."

I shoved Cole, who was sharing a bed with me, while covering his mouth. He opened his eyes as his face washed over with fear at the abrupt wake up call and I fought back a laugh. I gestured for him to remain quiet but listen to Trevor.

"I'm in the room right now, they're all still sleeping. Obviously, I'm aware of that smart ass thank you." He paused. "Alright sounds good. Love you too." He said before ending the call and Cole and I closed our eyes to fake sleep as we heard Trevor get out of bed.

"Rise and shine dusters, it's game day." Trevor said, shaking the foot of Cole and I's mattress as he passed to get to the bathroom.

"When you guys were sleeping, Trev had this really weird phone call--" Alex started.

"Turcs we were awake, we heard the whole thing." I whispered.

"It was a girl." He added.

"What?" Cole asked.

"He was talking to a girl, I could hear her."

"Why wouldn't he tell us he's got a girl?" I asked.

"Maybe it's still early?" Cole asked.

"Late enough to say I love you at the end of a call." Alex said.

"That's fucked, bro." I said, running my hand through my hair.

"I mean, it's Z he's gonna tell us eventually." Cole said.

"He should have told us first, we're his boys, his lineys." I said.

"I wonder if some of the other guys know?" Turcs said.

"Let's find out." I said.

"Find out what?" Trevor said, walking out of the bathroom.

"What's for breakfast." Cole said.

"Get your suits on and we can go down to the lobby and find out." Trevor told us before walking back toward the closet.

The three of us shared a look and decided not to ask him straight up about the girl just yet, so we all got dressed and headed down to the lobby where our teammates were messing around.

"Good morning benders." Cole teased.

"Caufield, everyone knows you tape your ankles." Ryder clapped back, making us laugh.

"I'm starving." Trevor said, walking ahead with Danny and Marshall.

"Yo." I whispered before the rest of the boys could follow. "It's no secret Trevor's been acting weird right?" I said.

"What's up with that?" Ryder said.

"It's about a girl. We heard him on the phone this morning." Turcs said.