chapter six

"How do you even eat that shit?" I asked, looking at Turcs lunch tray, piled high with whatever sketchy meet they in there sloppy joe mix

"It's so good." He said as we reached our table where the rest of the boys were, and Peyton.

"Hey Hurricane," I smiled.

"Hurricane? That's new." She grinned, opening her apple juice. "When did you come up with that one?"

"Pretty much the second I met you, was just waiting for the right time to use it."

"What makes now the right time?" She laughed.

"I got tired of waiting." I said, picking up my turkey sandwich.

"Fair enough, now I'm gonna have to come up with a nickname for you."

"No cap, Hurricane is a dope nickname. Especially for hockey." Cole said.

"Did you just say no cap?" Case asked.

"Damn straight."

"Who is this kid?" Moynihan spoke up, as Cole threw a fry at him.

"Don't tell my brothers about Hurricane, or yours for that matter, they'll steal it and then all the 16s will be calling the twins Hurricane." Peyton said.

"Yeah but you'll be the original from the original Hughes." I said.

"You have an older brother, Jack." Peyton smiled.

"Fuck. You get the point."

"Uh-huh."

"Can I see your notes from Human Phys?" Trev asked Peyton.

"Yeah," She smiled pulling them out.

"Thank you." He grinned at her in complete adoration and she seemed to return the look.

"Wait." Boldy said. "Rowdy and Hurricane. That sounds like two defenders you do not wanna face. That is so tough."

"Too bad we're both centers." Peyton laughed.

"When she knows your position; heart eyes." I joked, looking over at her as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Still Rowdy and Hurricane sound tough together." Turcs said through a mouthful of sloppy joe.

"It's like a badass biker gang couple. The leader of the gang and her husband Rowdy." Case said.

"Why is Peyton the leader?" I asked.

"C'mon Hughesy." Peyton said, gesturing to herself as if saying 'its me' .

"Or like the demolition derby couple that drive the big ass monster truck that just fucking demolishes everything." Cole said.

"Boom." Peyton said, reaching across Trevor to fist bump me across the table.

"Hey guys." Luke said coming to sit down with us, the twins hot on his trails.