chapter twenty-five

"Mom have you seen my warm up?" I asked, running through my kitchen

"Which one, baby?" My mom asked me.

"The blue one, I can't find it and Trevor's almost here." I panicked.

"It's folded in the laundry basket at the top of the stairs that you were supposed to go through and put away this weekend." My mom scolded.

"Oops." I awkwardly laughed before running upstairs and grabbing my warm up, tugging it over my white short sleeve shirt as Trevor's horn beeped.

"Alright guys I'm leaving!" I yelled as I ran down my stairs where my mom was standing.

"Good luck, we'll be watching." My mom smiled, giving me a kiss on the cheek before pulling me in for a hug.

"I love you mom." I said.

"I love you too."

I picked up my bag seeing as my brothers weren't coming to say bye and walked out the front door. I tossed my bag in the bed of Trevor's truck and hopped in the front seat.

"Get hyped boys!" Turcs said from the back seat.

"It's officially roadie season." Cole grinned.

The boys started their usual conversation about who knows what as I zoned out, looking out the window at the passing cars on our familiar route to the rink. Upon our arrival, we all grabbed our bags from Trevor's truck and started walking toward the rink.

"Jack, why are you so quiet? You love roadies with boys." Case asked.

"Rowdy's bouta become Pouty because he's gonna miss his girl." Trevor said, making a mock pouty lip at me and the other boys laughed.

"Fuck off." I chuckled as we approached the rest of the team.

Coach went over the itinerary for the next four days before the team started heading for the bus. We loaded our bags and took our seats, Trevor right beside me. I put my beats on and my hood up, very much looking forward to the nap I was going to take on this bus ride when I felt my phone vibrate.

New Message from Hurricane

Hurricane
Had enough. Hope you enjoyed your trip, you can come over now.

Jack
I wish Baby :(
I'll be back soon

Hurricane
I don't like this whole 'my boyfriend the travelling hockey player' thing
I like the boyfriend part
Not the traveling part

Jack
You'll be fine

Hurricane
Will I?
Ya know what you're right
I'll just hang out with my friends while you're gone
OH WAIT
:/

Jack
Anyone ever told you that you're dramatic?

Hurricane
Me? Never