chapter eight

Trevor came ripping through my house in frenzy, bouncing off the walls

"Zegras!" My dad yelled, making him stop. "Heel."

"What happened?" Luke asked.

"I'm going on a date with Peyton tonight!" He celebrated.

"Wait, what?" Luke said, looking at me.

"Good for you man"

"I'm gonna go home and scream into my pillow." He said, running out the front door.

"Oh!" Turcs said as Trevor blasted past him. "Bye, I guess."

"Hey Alex" Luke said.

"What up with Zegras?"

"He's got a date with Peyton." I said.

"Wait, what?" Alex said.

"Thank you!" Luke said.

"Yeah she's going out with him."

"Who's fuckin idea was that?" Alex asked.

"It might have been mine." I said.

"What?!" Alex yelled. "After the conversation we had today!"

"I know!" I yelled. "God I fucking hate this. I don't like thinking that she's doing out on a date."

"Well now you just have to see what happens."

~

That conversation was two weeks ago,  now I'm sitting in the cafeteria across from Trevor and Peyton all giggly.

"This blows." I whispered to Turcs, and he patted my shoulder.

"I have to go meet up with Marely, see you guys in fourth hour." Peyton said, kissing Trevor"s cheek quickly and disappearing.

"Okay Rowdy, what's the plan?" Cole asked me.

"Than plan for what?" Trevor asked.

"Peyton's birthday party this weekend." I said.

"What? We're throwing her a party?" He asked.

"It's your girlfriend, you didn't know?" Case laughed.

"We're not officially dating were just going out and stuff but I still would have liked to be clued in on this Hughesy." Trevor said and I had flashbacks to Peyton calling me that.

I didn't realize I wanted to be with her at all and I didn't realize how much I wanted to be with her until it was too late. Now she was with Trevor and clearly very happy about it.

"Okay, my parents are going out to Ann-Arbor for parents weekend, so tonight everyone get to my house at 6:30 and Peyton's coming over at 8 after she brings the twins and Duke's to practice." I explained.