chapter nine

For some reason, no one was answering my texts during sixth hour, not even Trevor or Marley

For some reason, no one was answering my texts during sixth hour, not even Trevor or Marley. Jack was being very weird, the way he's been distant and the awkward interaction at his car. I'm not sure what's going on today but everyone is super weird. After what felt like an eternity of sitting in my car alone the boys finally came out.

"Hi Peyton." Luke smiled, jumping in the back.

"What's wrong with you?" Brady laughed, getting in my car.

"I'm bored! All my friends are being so weird and I couldn't find them so I sat here all fricken' alone." I said.

"Marley told us to remind you, you're shooting with Nikki at 4:30." Liam told me, Nikki is our photographer friend who hooks it up for photoshoots.

"Okay," I said taking off out of the parking lot.

When we got home I changed into black ripped jeans and a white body suit with my jean jacket that had the fluffy collar. I put on my white vans before touching up my makeup from school, finishing just as Marley pulled up.

"Okay, I have to be back by 7 to drive the boys to practice." I told Marley as I climbed in her little Honda.

"Okie dokie!" She smiled as she started driving.

New message to Rowdy

Peyton
Hope your teeth are nice and clean because if I'm tutoring you tonight I don't wanna smell janky breath

Rowdy
Wow.
Is my breath normally janky?
Is that a character trait of mine?

I laughed to myself as we pulled up to the lake we were shooting at.

"Hi beauties!" Nikki greeted us as she was setting up her cameras. "Happy early birthday!" She hugged me.

"Thank you!"

"You ready?" She asked and Marley and I excitedly agreed.

After about 300 pictures alone and 300 together we were done just as the sun started setting. We said goodbye to Nikki and started back to my house.

"You wanna come hang with me and Jack tonight? I'm helping him with math and stuff but then we're probably gonna watch a movie and order food." I said.

"Uh, I can't my mom's making dinner." She said.

"On a Friday?" I laughed. "You're gonna sit home on a Friday night?"

"Yeah, just tired." She said.

"Oh, okay." I said as we pulled up to my house. "See you tomorrow then?"

"Yep." She grinned as I shut the door.

"Finally, we're gonna be late!" Brady yelled as I walked in.