chapter three

I spent the entire first hour talking and laughing with Peyton, I honestly thought I was gonna get thrown out

I spent the entire first hour talking and laughing with Peyton, I honestly thought I was gonna get thrown out. We ended up swapping numbers so we can trade homework answers and stuff. When the hour ended Peyton's friend Marley met her outside the photography room and they walked off to class together and I went to my Environmental Science class which I had with two of my best friends and teammates Trevor and Alex.

"Boys," I said as tossed my bag on the ground at our lab table and dapped Trevor up.

"Excuse me Hughesy." Alex said, flipping his phone at me. "Whom'stve gave this Peyton character the authority to call you Rowdy?"

"I may not be the brightest kid on the team but I know for a fact that is not a word." Trev said.

"Is too, saw it in urban dictionary." Alex replied.

"That's a dictionary for fake words you moron." I laughed.

"Focus, Rowdy!" Alex slammed his hands on the table. "Who is this female and why does she think she can call you Rowdy?"

"Turcs, relax. It's just a nickname, she heard you tools yell it across campus this morning and I was pushing her buttons so she used it." I laughed.

"And who is this mysterious..." He paused reading her username. "Peyton Cane that we've never heard of?"

"She's a friend. We have a few classes together, what's the big deal?" I asked laughing.

"The big deal is she's hot, and you are purposefully hiding her from us." Trev said.

"We literally met last night, I'm not hiding her. Her brothers play hockey with Luke and we played together last night, she's cool." 

"She plays?" Trevor asked.

"Is she any good?" Alex asked.

"She scored on me twice and her and her younger brothers beat me, Quinn, and Dukes 6-4" I explained, pulling out a notebook and a pen.

"So when are we meeting her?" Trevor asked.

"Math class." I smiled, knowing that class had practically the entire u18 NTDP roster in it, plus Peyton and Marley.

"No way!" Alex said.

"Oh she's gonna hate us dude." Trevor laughed.

"Good morning class!" Our teacher came in.

"Maybe she'll hate you but she called me Hughesy so I'm golden." I winked at them before turning to the teacher.

~
Alex and I had second, third, and fourth hour together with lunch in between so needless to say I was overjoyed when I walked into math and saw Peyton. She greeted me with a smile and waved me over to the back corner of the room where she was sitting.

"Save me." I laughed, sitting in front of her.

"From?" I laughed.

"Alex, I've been with him for three hours straight and it's still not over." I laughed.