chapter twenty-two

"Halloweekend!" Trevor shouted as he came through my front door with Turcs and Boldy right behind him

"About time you showed up!" Peyton scolded from the floor of my bedroom as there feet came pounding up the stairs.

"What? You said 6 o'clock?" Alex said.

"It's 7:30!" She laughed.

"Well.." Boldy said, flopping on my bed.

"Hey, hey, hey! Why is your face painted like that?" Trevor asked Peyton.

"Because you were late so I thought you were ditching so I'm doing me and Jack's costume tonight. We can do ours tomorrow. " Peyton explained to him.

"What? I didn't bring my other costume. What am I supposed to wear tonight?" Trevor asked.

"Wear what Jack was gonna wear and match with Alex and Matt."

"Peyton, come on you're screwing everything up!" Turcs whined.

"Why are you even matching with Trevor anyway?" Boldy asked.

"Because we're best friends now shut up." Trevor scolded.

"Baby, the whole joke of me Boldy and Turcs matching will get ruined if it's with Trevor instead." I explained, sitting behind her on the floor.

"Jack!" She whined, leaning back into me.

"The party tomorrow night is bigger anyway! Wouldn't you rather wear our costume in front of more people? Plus, the boys are supposed to match to us so if we do it tonight they all have to go home and change and they'll be even later." I explained, making a pouty lip at her.

"Give me a makeup wipe." She stated with her hand out. "And wipe the stupid grin off your face."

"Thank you mamas." I smiled, kissing her cheek before handing her a makeup wipe from her bag.

Peyton fixed her makeup to match her costume with Trevor and everyone else got dressed. The boys and I were dressed up as surgeons covered in blood. Peyton was wearing a silver sparkly slip dress and a silver headband to match Trevor's Red Wings Jersey as they were going as the Stanley Cup Winning Team, hypothetically of course.

"Paging Dr. Hughes." Peyton smiled once she saw me.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked.

"I hurt my lip." She teased, making a pouty face.

I laughed as a kissed her quickly.

"Seriously if this hockey thing doesn't pan out, consider med school." She winked.

We all piled into the Uber and headed over to the house the party was at, some kid from the high school hockey program.

"Jack, whats up boys?" Tim, a player from the PCEP team greeted us.