chapter fourteen

Peyton scolded us all for a few minutes before kissing me quickly and exiting the locker room

"We're not dropping it," Trevor said as soon as the door shut behind her.

"Obviously." Quinn said.

"Anyone down for a party?" I asked.

~

The boys and I split cars and headed over to the Hilton.

"What room Q?" I asked.

"He didn't say, let's just go to the desk." Quinn said.

"And say what? Hi we're the USA team here to kick the shit out of Dylan Halloway. What room is he in?" Trevor asked.

"Follow my lead." I said as we walked up to the concierge desk.

"Hi, may I help you?" The woman asked.

"Hi, my name is Peyton. I'm here to see my friend Dylan Halloway, he plays for the Canada hockey team. He knows I'm coming he just never told me a room number and now he's not answering his phone. Could you help me out?" I asked.

"Uh, I'll have to call and make sure he knows." She said.

"Oh of course, tell him my name is Peyton Cane." I smiled.

The woman dialed and lifted the phone to her ear as we all watched.

"Hi Mr. Halloway this is the front desk, theres a Peyton Cane and friends here to see you. I just wanted to make sure it's okay to send them up." She said. "Alright. Room 564."

"Thank you so much." I smiled and the boys and I went to the elevator.

"Smooth Rowdy." Boldy said.

"Told her Peyton could be a boys name." I grinned.

We all arrived outside the room and I knocked, the boys behind me.

"I knew you'd show." Dylan said as he opened the door.

"Oh did ya?" I asked, walking in.

"Back for round two? How's that eyebrow Hughesy?" He asked, his friends now noticing the rest of us.

"It's gonna feel a lot better when I put you on your ass." I said.

"You gonna put your money where your mouth is or just stand here talking shit?"

I threw the first punch and it seemed like everyone followed suit.  Boldy threw somebody over the coach and Trevor was sitting on some guys chest.

"You really showed up here to try and kick my ass because I flirted with your girl?" Dylan asked.  "You're just as pathetic as I thought."

"I came to finish what you started."

"While we're finishing things, Peyton? She's got a great ass." He said and I threw the last punch, knocking him out.