Above the City.

You and Lapis walked through the woods silently. Occasionally you would look over at Lapis, who seemed to be enjoying the nature walk.

The silence was rather peaceful and enjoyable. You look up at the sky, the clouds roll over head.

You look back to the land in front of you. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a small clearing through the trees.

You could see the pond that sat in the center.

Without a noise, you slip your hand away from Lapis and walked through the trees. You could hear as Lapis followed after you.

You reached the other side of the trees and your breath was taken away. The pond was as clear as a newly cleaned window. The grass that surrounded it was quite green. Red, Yellow, blue, white, and purple, were painted across the grass. You kneeled in the grass, careful not to harm an of the colorful flowers around you.

You brushed your hands over the flowers and the blades of grass. You caught a glimpse of shimmer and stood. You walked over to it, avoiding all the flowers in your path.

You kneel down and pick up the object. It was your knife. The one you had thrown into the darkness.

"What is it?" Lapis asked as she saw the look on your face. She couldn't tell what you were thinking and she couldn't read your face.

"My knife." You say softly.

"Oh, why is it out here?" She asked suddenly.

"I must have dropped it on one of my strolls out here." You lie.

Lapis nodded.

You closed the blade to your knife and put it into your pocket.

"Can we rest here?" You asked, turning to the blue gem.

"Sure." Lapis smiled as she walked over to the pond and sat down, looking at the clear water.

You walked over to her and sat beside her. You began to remember your past all the way up to now. The world seemed to freeze. You heard no sound it was deathly silent now.

The breeze blowing gently across your skin and the flowers and grass dancing swiftly in the wind. The fish swimming in the pond. The ripples that ran over the surface of the water. It all seemed to stop.

The moments of today seemed all too good. They seemed to crash and burn, just like your dreams.

It was quiet. Why was it so quiet? Why was the world so still? Was it waiting for something? Without your mental knowledge you pulled the knife out of your pocket and pressed the blade to your skin. You slid the blade harshly against the skin, cutting the flesh on your wrist.

Suddenly you were slammed to the ground and all the noise around you came back to focus. The world again began to move. Above you was Lapis. Her blue eyes filled with worry and concern.

"What's wrong?" You asked her, unaware of your actions from just a few seconds ago.

"I should be asking you that!" Lapis nearly yelled.

You looked at her confused. You were fine. Weren't you?

"What do you mean? I'm fine." You told her.

"Then why would you hurt yourself?!" Lapis yelled, tears forcing to the surface and cascading down her cheeks.

"I- what?" You furrowed your brows. You hadn't hurt yourself.

Lapis looked at you, surprise clear on her features. She got off of you and helped you to a sitting position. She grabbed your wrist and led it to your view.

You blinked a couple times. When did that happen? The thin line on your arm let out red fluids that rolled down your arm.

You had no words. You only stared at the small but certainly deep, cut on your wrist.

"D-do you seriously not remember doing this?" Lapis asked.

"I- No." You stared into Lapis's eyes. Pain, fear, worry, concern, it was all there. In her eyes. On her face. Clear as day.

"What were you thinking about?" Lapis asked suddenly.

"The past..." You admitted.

"What about it?"

"I was just remembering all the bad things. How this day feels so unreal." You told her.

Lapis frowned. You casted your eyes down. She stood up. You stayed seated. Waiting for her to just leave you.

She grabbed your hands and pulled you to your feet. You looked into her eyes and she smiled.

"Let's get you to smile." Lapis said as she unfold her water wings. "Are you ready to fly?" The blue gem asked with the brightest smile you'd ever seen.

You couldn't help but smile back.

She took both of your hands and was about ready to fly, but neither of you went into the air.

What happened was amazing. It was beautiful. It made you happy but, apperently it also induced fear on your lover. Which made the happiness short lived.
--_-_--_-_--

Am I allowed to leave y'all on a cliffhanger for another like week, or do I have to update like soon?

If 10 different people comment 'NO!!!' I'll get started on the next chapter immediately and get it updated quickly. Otherwise I'll just update it when I feel like it.

Anywho have a lovely day. Bye!