This wasn't supposed to happen.

You pull away from the warm embrace that you and Lapis were sharing. You look into her eyes, she looks back into yours.

"Lapis, Y/N!" You hear Steven call y'all's names.

You turn to see him running towards you and Lapis. The other gems were following after him.

"Where were you guys? We were looking all over for you two!" Steven said with a hint of worry.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to bring worry to anyone. Me and Lapis were just hanging out." You told him.

"So, you two are together now... Right?" Steven asked sheepishly.

"Yes we are." Lapis answered.

"Aw, this is so cute!" He exclaimed. He lunged forward and wrapped his arms around you and Lapis.

You smile happily at him and pat his head.

You look up at the stars and smile. "Well I better head home." You say as you  pull out of Steven's embrace.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Lapis asked nervously.

"I'd like that actually." You smile at her and she smiles back.

She grabs your hand and y'all begin to walk.

"We hope to see you tomorrow Y/N!" Pearl called after you. "You are very much welcomed at the temple."

"And the barn. You can go there too!!!" Peridot added.

"Thanks!" You called back.

You and Lapis once again walked in a comfortable silence.

Until you broke it of course, with the worse possible question.

"Earlier, after we fused the first time. You said you had some bad experiences with fusion. What exactly happened?" You asked Lapis.

You felt her tense up and you turned to her. She looked away from you. "Don't worry about it." Was her response.

You knew you shouldn't push things. You knew she should have left it at that, but you couldn't. You opened your mouth again. "I want to know what caused all that fear... All that pain." You said looking at her with pleading eyes.

She pulled her hand out of yours. "I said don't worry about it damn it!" She yelled with anger clear as day in her tone.

You flenched under her words. They were harsh. Much like the voices of the students from your old schools before they...

You threw your hands up. You made her mad. Would she hit you.

Of course she would! Everyone does!

You waited. And waited... No contact was made to you. You slowly lowered your hands to see Lapis looking surprised and almost hurt.

"You still don't trust me do you?" Lapis asked.

"What?" You asked confused. You trusted her. More than anyone. "I do trust you!" 

"Then why do you still do that? You should know I'm not going to hurt you." Lapis said tears brimming in her eyes. It seemed that in a flash she recollected something and pieced a puzzle together.

She put her hand to her mouth as realization struck her. "How badly did they hurt you?"

You didn't respond. You knew who she was referring to. The students that beat you. The students that yelled at you and called you names.

"Y/N... How bad did they hurt you, tell me! Please!" Lapis looked ready to break.

She wanted you to open up, but she wouldn't even open up about herself. You clenched your fists.

"You won't even open up about your past?! Won't tell me what freaked you out back there in the woods?! But you except me to open up about myself?!" You clenched your fists tighter digging your nails into your palms. Tears cascaded down your cheeks. "I- I REFUSE TO LET YOU HURT ME LIKE THEY DID!" you ran quickly, ice formed around your arms. Ice was left behind as you ran.

You kept running until you got home. Once you arrived, you flung the door opened then slammed it shut. Your dad heard you and rushed out of his room. You were forming ice all around yourself, freezing the door shut.

Your dad made his way over to you and sat down next to you. "Hey baby girl, what's wrong?" He asked you.

"I got scared. I thought she was going to be the same as the last one I had and I yelled at her! Then I ran away. She's gonna hate me. I ruined everything." You sobbed out.

Your dad sighed. "I doubt you ruined anything between you and who ever it is you're talking about. You just need to explain these things to her alright?"

You sniffed then nodded.

"Now go get ready for bed. Tomorrow we'll go out for pizza and make you feel better then you can go and talk to that person or gem. Which ever they are." Your dad said with a smile.

You smiled slight. "Okay Dad." You got up and walked to your room. The ice you created was slowly melting away. You went to your room and got dressed in your PJs and went to bed.

(3rd person point of view.)

There was on knock on the door. Mr. L/N stood from his chair and walked to the door. He opened the door to reveal a blue gem.

"Um, uh, good evening Miss. May I help you?" He asked the stranger nervously.

"Uh, Yeah, Does Y/N L/N live here?" She asked her voice quavering.

Mr. L/N suddenly became Stern. "Yes she does. What might your name be?"

"Uh, Lapis, Lapis Lazuli." She responded holding out her hand.

Mr. L/N shook hands with the blue gem. "You can call me Mr. L/N."

"Uh, can I talk to Y/N please sir?" Lapis asked.

"You can talk to her when she's ready to talk to you again." He said coldly. "Good night Miss Lazuli." He shut the door and went back to his chair.

On the other side of the door Lapis stood stunned. Tears brimmed in her eyes. She tried not to break but failed. She went to her knees and cried. "I'm sorry." She mumbled the words she so desperately wanted to tell her girlfriend. The words scratched at her heart, and the image of Y/N crying plagued her mind.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, oh stars, of fucking stars, please don't hate me." Lapis sobbed.
--_-_--_-_--
So... Here's another chapter. I know it sucks. And it is bad. I mean that pretty much means the same thing but whatever.

I apologise for the lack in updates. I'm just really busy. But uh, here is chapter 11. I hope you all enjoyed. If you did please leave a golden 🌟 star 🌟

Have a wonderful day everyone