Make up

(3rd POV)

Lapis sat on the beach. She looked over the vast ocean. She hoped that Y/N would come by today and the two of them could talk.

However, Y/N made no appearance. For two hours, Lapis sat on the beach waiting to see if she'd come.

"Hey Lapis." The blue gem heard a gentle male voice behind her.

She turned to face Steven.

He sat next to her. "You seem stressed. Is something wrong?"

"Y/N got mad at me yesterday and, well, I haven't seen her yet and I can't apologise. Her father won't let me talk to her." She sighed. "I screwed up. She probably hates me."

"I doubt that. Just give her time to cool off and then talk to her. She'll listen, trust me." Steven told her.

Lapis smiled and nodded. "Yeah, me and her, we'll work this out. She'll listen to me, I'll listen to her, and everything will be normal. Thanks for the reassurance Steven."

"No problem. You wanna go to the arcade to take your mind off things?" Steven asked.

Lapis shrugged. "Sure, why not."

The two of them then headed to the arcade to play some games.

(2nd POV)

You were walking around town eating a delicious slice of pizza you had just bought. You had talked to Jenny, a girl that worked at the pizza place, and the two of you were already friends.

You walked until you came up to a dock. Wooden planks echoed under your feet. Railing stood before the ocean to insure safety.

There was an arcade and you decided to go inside. You threw away the crust of your pizza and looked at all the games. None of the games seemed particularly fun. You were about to leave when a certain blue gem walked in.

This was your chance to talk things out with her, but you couldn't bring yourself to approach her. Instead, you hid behind one of the games and trembled. Not out of fear, but because you wanted to cry. You weren't going to allow yourself to break. Not now. Not here.

You took in a deep shakey breath before taking quick wobbly steps out of the arcade. You ended up tripping on air and falling on your face with a loud thud.

Lapis and Steven both turned to find the source of the noise. They saw you and Lapis rushed to your side.

She helped you up. "Are you okay?" Lapis asked.

"Yeah, thanks." You smiled at her. She smiled back.

Your smile faded as you drew in a deep breath. "I'm sorry." You spoke.

Lapis's smile fell and she looked at you, confused. "For what?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm sorry about yelling at you yesterday." You told her tears brimming in your eyes.

"I'm sorry too. For yelling and for, being so secretive and expecting you to open up to me about that kind of stuff. You were right, I had no rights to ask about your past and your fears when I wouldn't even tell you about mine." Lapis said holding back her own tears. "I feel so selfish."

You wrapped your arms around Lapis. You took in her scent then sighed softly. "Don't feel selfish. You were only concerned about me. I shouldn't have lashed out."

Lapis returned the hug and sighed sadly. "You were only concerned as well, but I snapped at you."

"Here, how about we spend the night together, we can talk about everything. We can get to know each other better."