A Need to Understand

You, Lapis, and Steven walked together to the Temple. Steven told you about a new episode of crying breakfast friends.

You couldn't help but giggle at his tear filled eyes as he explained some of the things that happened.

You glanced over at Lapis from the corner of your eye, for she had been quiet since y'all left karaoke.

You could see that she was upset. However, you didn't quite understand why. You turned to Lapis.

"Hey, Lapis?" You spoke.

Steven went quiet after he heard you speak to Lapis.

Lapis did not respond to you, nor did she show any type of response. She seemed hazardously in thought. She seemed to be having a war with herself.

"Lapis?" You spoke once again, worry filling your voice.

Still she didn't respond.

You grabbed her shoulder and stopped her from walking forward.

"Oh uh, heh, Y/N, D-do you need something?" Lapis asked nervously as she saw your worried look.

"Are you okay?" You asked, still clearly worried.

"Uh, yeah." Lapis spoke. It was clear to you that she wasn't okay, but you didn't want to push. You were kinda scared to point out the fact, She was clearly not okay.

You knew you shouldn't be, but the night before still left you with a scar on your heart.

"Alright, if y-you say so." You told her, cursing at yourself for the stutter.

Lapis must've sensed your fear and caught the stutter, for she looked away from you with guilt written on her face.

"I'm sorry." She spoke. "I'm so sorry."

You furrowed your brows and grabbed her shoulder. "Hey you don't need to apologise." You told her.

"Yes I do!" She shouted. "You're scared of me now. I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry. I love you!" Lapis began to cry.

You wrapped your arms around her and held her close. "It's okay. You did nothing wrong, I love you too."

Lapis cried into your shoulder. She wrapped her arms around you securely.

You could feel as her shoulders shook from her continuous sobs.

"All through my life," you began to speak. "People have hated me. I've been an outcast since the first grade. Things weren't all bad at the start. Just people ignoring me."

Lapis's sobbing stopped. She had asked to know what people had done to you the other day. She was surprised to hear you speaking of your past. To hear you telling her such sensitive information.

"Nothing was violent until the third grade. In the third grade was the first time things got physical. Three boys ganged up on me. The pushed me around on the play ground. The same three boys also pushed me out of the swing and down the stairs. They targeted me. The teachers called me,my father, the three boys, and their parents, up for a meeting. My father was furious. The school took little action to address the issue. In fact, the boys were sent home for the week. That was it. Then the bullying got worse. I was called a tattle tail and more boys and girls began to gang up on me. Then I moved. It seemed that the issue followed me, so year after year I would move. But there was still bullies. The punches became harder. Soon I was being cornered in bathrooms, assaulted on the busses, and forced to do things I didn't want to do." You shuddered at Al the things you had been forced to do in the past.

"The first grade.... Uh... How long ago is that?" Lapis asked.

"Eight years ago." You told her. "Look, I know you've been around for thousands of years. You've probably seen and done things that have left scars on you." You hug Lapis tighter. "What I've gone through, you've probably gone through worse."

"I have seen things. Scary things. I have been through bad experiences. I was trapped in a mirror for a thousand years, then I was taken hostage, I fused with someone to protect my only friend, then I lost control of the fusion and I could have seriously injured any of the gems. But I'm not like you. Sure your a half gem, but your body is still fragile compared to mine. Not to mention a thousand years of my life were spent imprisoned in a mirror. So I really didn't feel much pain." Lapis told you.

"Being around longer, I have had time to heal, time to think, and time to change." Lapis pulled back from the hug and looked you in the eye. "You haven't had time because this has been happening for eight years. You moving from place to place but not getting anywhere better. However, you're here now, and I'll help you heal because I love you." Lapis touched her forehead to yours and smiled.

You smiled back at her. "Thank you, Lapis, I love you too."

You yawned and Lapis giggled. "I guess we should head on our way. We'll talk more in the morning. Because in order for this to work, we need to talk to each other." Lapis told you.

"No."

Lapis looked at you confused. Almost hurt.

"To just say we need to talk means almost nothing. We need to listen and understand one another. That is the only way we can truly work." You said grabbing her hand. "Let's go."

The two of you began to walk. You turned your head over your shoulder. "Yo, Steven, Ya coming?" You asked.

"Oh, uh, Yeah!" Steven said as he caught up. 
--_-_--_-_--_-_--
So um... Here you have a crappy chapter. Sorry it has been so long since I've updated. I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. Have a wonderful day you humans..... Bye