Chapter 29 St. Greer

Emeleth was the first to awaken. She loved cuddling in the mornings. David was spooning her and her back was pressed against his chest. She just lay still listening to his steady breathing. She turned around and David rolled onto his back so she put her head on his chest with her arm curled over his belly and her leg flexed laying on his. She lightly ran her fingers through his chest hair. David started to touch her her hair and play with it. "Are you sniffing my hair?" Emeleth asked.

"I love the smell of your hair, I love all of you."

"You have really seemed in an odd mood over the last few days,"

"Moving the household to St. Greer is a monumental task and I have had a great deal on my mind."

"Getting out of London early has relieved my concerns over Manda."

"I'm hoping Sid will stay clear of us, but he still makes me uneasy."

"I know something else is bothering you, you've been a little grumpy." David took a deep breath in response.

"There are things about my past I need to share. I'm afraid you'll hate me."

"You're my first and only Davey, my one and only."

"Your not my first." David paused and waited.

"You're thirty-five so I'm not surprised."

"I had a few affairs when I was younger. I fell deeply in love once to a woman who did not return my love so after that I limited myself to unhappy wives or lonely widows. Except for you I left the innocent alone."

"I recall that I wasn't all that innocent, I came to your bed." She looked into his eyes and caressed his hair.

"I pledge that you will be my one and only until the day I die."

"What if I die young?" Emeleth teased.

"My one and only Em."

"I don't think that's fair, and besides I don't want you to be lonely." Emeleth rolled on top of him and slid up his torso until they were nose to nose. "If I suspect my sad demise is eminent I will pick someone for you." Emeleth had a wicked smile on her face and her nose wrinkled with her smile.

"You woman are impossible! Why did you ever fall for me?"

"I'm not sure, you were arrogant, lewd, insulting, high handed and way to tall."

"I remember you hated me."

"You got to admit you deserved it. Lets talk about who I would pick for you," Emeleth teased.

"I don't want to talk about that. I'm very content with you."

"Then I want to pick my own horse."

"Where did that come from?"

"You said we were getting horses and could ride wild over the moors."

"What kind of horse do you want Sweetheart?"

"A stallion!"

"It's going to be a gelding, you already have one stallion, me!"

"You ARE possessive. Did you know that?","

"Yes and I want you."

"Well you'll have to wait, it's morning and the servants are up and about," she said primly. "They were just at the door."

"So your afraid of being caught in the act?"

"Been caught once. That was bad enough."

"I locked the door."