Four

Kyra was acting real dry after we got home the other day but I knew it was cause she got checked by Ant. I couldn't lie and say what he said wasn't the truth though. It was already late so we just went to bed. Well she did, because I was too busy thinking about my run in with Amir and what the hell Ant meant by his remark yesterday? It almost sent chills through my spine because rather than a joke it feel more like he was being honest. Ant was always talking tough though so I didn't want to overthink and make it something it wasn't.

Today he kept his promise and let Kyra and I go hang out at the park where the courts were around the block. Shockingly, he said Bruce gave him a good report so today we could go unsupervised to see if we could keep it up.

I only did what Ant said because I knew the power he held and after he put his hands on me once I didn't need to end up all fucked up like Kyra. After the pregnancy thing with Kyra ant kept her ass on lock- she ain't jump unless he said jump. And now that I've been introduced to how he was hustling and what was going on I was just as stuck as her. I could've ran but somebody would've caught me or reported back to him. I listened, he took care of me with no abuse, and most of all I loved Mira and couldn't dare leave her behind with this shit.

Kyra and I were back talking today and you could definitely tell she was in a good mood being on her own today. We were heading up the block and less than four feet away Kyra suddenly stopped me. "Hold up." She grabbed me pulled me near a nearby tree. "You push Mira for me while I'm here." She told me.

"Wait wha-?" I was confused as hell.

"I'm finna change, ain't nobody finna have a nice day like this and wear a damn hoodie. On top of pushing her butt around while all them boys stare at me. Fuck Ant thought this was." Kyra laughed pulling up the hoodie to expose her white half shirt she wore. One of many Anthony's rules were she needed to stay covered up if she go out. Kyra always been boy crazy, it's like she craved attention from any and every man. That's why I was her only friend now. However Kyra did always have my back no matter if I liked it or not.

"Girl you doing too much, it's 70 degrees and the damn jacket thin as fuck. You playing with fire Kyra it's like you just can't learn until you end up in a damn body bag like ——"

"Like who Sugar?" I stayed silent. I couldn't ruin this day like this, I needed a few more of these to gain Ant's trust. "That's what the fuck I thought. Now I'm gone put this shit back on but don't say nothing to me at this park." She tossed the hoodie back on leaving me and Mira. Damn man.

I caught up with Kyra and she went to sit on the bleachers to watch the boys play. Typical. I decided not to bother her and tend to Mira since it wasn't like she had a mother. "Hey baby" I cooed to her and smiled up at me kicking her little feet.

Looking at Kyra once more I seen how she took the hoodie off and was now sitting with the group of boys. It was sad how I was more excited for Mira turning five months today than she was. I woke up this morning and got her dressed in a pretty tu-tu, put her two ponytails in the front of her head and clipped two bows in. She was so pretty, too pretty not to have someone to look up too.

"Happy five months tooda" I picked her up and opened a sucker for her to celebrate. A little candy never hurt anybody. I laughed when she held it and put it to her mouth drooling all over it.

As the day went on Mira had played herself to sleep right on my chest. It was getting chilly, and almost time for us to back home so in the middle of me getting her a jacket and pants on, I cold hear Kyra walking towards me. Looking up I sighed seeing her hoe ass walking with two dudes my way. I didn't have time for this right now, she was really irking my damn nerves at this point.