Twenty Eight

Two days later...
Sugar

Anthony was out grabbing us groceries while I waited at the house for him to get back. The last two weeks had been hard on me but I could say with the help of Ant I felt stronger. Some days were harder then others but as Ant always told me I was a survivor. I did what I had to do to survive and was still surviving every day I woke up. To keep me out of harms way I was basically back on lockdown how I use to be with him. There was no going out on my own to keep me out of harms way unless I was accompanied by Ant which this time around was fine with me.

I knew Amir was probably out looking for me as well as Anthony and the thought of him finding me again scared me again. I was ashamed to think I really had someone in Amir when he turned out to be a monster and manipulator. He completely destroyed the woman I was and Anthony liked to reassure me that I was still the same Sugar to him but I knew it was lies. I was completely damaged and there was no going back to who I use to be. I was forced to have sex willing with multiple men, I've killed, I've done hard drugs, I've done everything I never imagined myself doing but I couldn't let my past bind me from getting to my future. Fear and regret would only hold me back to being the woman I knew I could be. The woman I would be.

Plopping back onto the couch I decided to turn on the flat screen that was mounted on the wall. I was also phone-less now on top of being cut off from the outside world so I had never been so grateful for cable until now. Anthony's new place was very secluded in a wooded area. He reassured me that I didn't have to worry about any intruders. The place had multiple security systems placed all throughout his home and he had one room filled with blades, swords, and various hand guns. I don't know who the fuck he dealt with to be laid out like this but I couldn't lie and say it didn't help me feel safe when he had to leave — which was rare. Anthony liked to joke that I was a "shooter" now so if need be I could always use his pistol.

I used the remote to flick through channels but couldn't find anything that peaked my interest so I decided to settle for the news. Might as well see what was going on in the outside world since I couldn't be out there myself. The young female news reporter cane on screen standing near a dumpster truck which was yellow taped off. "This looks as if this was definitely foul play with a intent to give a message to the victim and whomever he was associated with. After doing further investigating the detective was able to identify it was Mr. Bruce Lamond Hayfield who's body was found in multiple pieces and discovered by this morning's trash man." She spoke in the most professional voice.

I know you fucking lying, I thought to myself. I knew only one Bruce Hayfield in my whole lifetime and knew it was a slim to nothing chance it could be another. Continuing to watch the news channel I waited to see if there could be any further information to confirm my suspicions and boom, just like clockwork they provided a photo of him as well.

"Family man and father of two Bruce lived with his mother Patrice who unfortunately at the time of finding out her son was gone suffered a massive heart attack." The news lady reported making me gasp and tear up. My heart felt for her. I was so sick of all this death around me now and I knew for a fact Anthony's yellow ass was behind this.

I heard beeping indicating the security system was being unlocked and like instinct I immediately grabbed the pistol I had tucked beneath the couch tucking it in my lap. The door twisted as my heart thumped but then I seen it was only Anthony carrying the groceries in. "You ain't gone help a nigga out?" He asked as I mugged him without speaking. "The fuck you strapped for?" He looked crazily at me then back to the gun. I forgot I was even holding it still so I tucked it back into the couch.

"You wanna explain to me why the fuck this news reporter bitch saying Bruce was found chopped up? Hm Ant?" I squinted my eyes waiting to read into bullshit he was gone try to feed me.