Six

"Kyra Jackson"

Mira squirmed in her swing as I stared blankly ahead at Sugars empty bed. I had been beginning to regret offering to take her ass in when she finally got evicted from her moms spot. I had this gut feeling something was up between her and Ant but I couldn't say for sure. I knew if I was to speak up now or make any accusations Ant would come at me for sure, just as he always did. You could tell by the way Ant looked at Sugar he thought so high of her. She always acted so damn innocent but you know everything ain't always sweet as you think it is..

Sugar and I go way back. We been friends since freshman year. We lived around the same hood so we seen each other often on top of going to school together we just never took the time to get to know each other . When I was in school people always fucked with me. My ma was not only getting her ass whooped on a daily by her pimp but she also was a crackhead. And a well known one at that and everyone knew she was my mama. Sugar use to be one of those girls. Use to be laughing along and giggling about my cracked out mama and how embarrassing it was until them tables turned.

Sugar really had a good home and upbringing. Yeah she was in the hood but she had both parents, they wasn't living in no mansion but her pops worked hard. Her pops was a dope boy. She was lucky she even knew the nigga, hell I didn't know mine. But it was at the age of fifteen he got gunned down right in front her moms while they were out shopping and after that she finally felt my hurt. Her mama couldn't cope and turned to the dope. She began to become humiliated just as I once was. Her mama turned to drugs just like mine. I started seeing her moms at the same trap my mom use to be at all the time. It wasn't long before she barely came home to Sugar and her little bro OJ.

I was skipping class one day at school to avoid being picked with for the day. Going into the stalls to avoid the school security guards I overheard crying and yelling coming from a nearby stall. "What the fuck you mean you can't keep watching him? You're our damn mama! Stay off that shit and you could take care of us! Every since daddy died it feel like you died right along with him. I hate you!" I heard Sugar yell so I flushed the toilet and came out of my stall to try to leave but we only ended up bumping into each other. It was akward as hell.

I couldn't lie though seeing the pain she was in my heart broke for her. Sure she talked some shit before but I wasn't no saint either. I knew exactly how she felt. We was now living the same life so I talked to her. "You probably don't want to hear this right now but I see her. You know your mom and shit. She be right with my mama." I shook my head and laughed lightly. "I just want to tell you that I'm going through the same shit and I know you're hurt but you don't have to be alone, like me." And once I said that we became inseparable. Although what she didn't know is that now meant she was going to be apart of my world.

Since my ma started selling her body I got use to getting things too. Her pimp John use to floss me out. My ma would always make sure he never touched me but he always complimented me and bought me nice things. If my ma would act up he would beat her the fuck down but he always made up for it. I use to be so angry at him at first but I eventually got use to it. He always told me if you did wrong you got done wrong. It was the way life worked, everyone deserved punishments. But if you make up for it then all can be forgiven. God forgives us so we forgive others. And for John forgiveness meant gifts. And after a while, I was okay with that.

Everyone around the hood and school always made rumors saying I fucked him like my mama to get my nice shit cause everyone knew we was really broke. And since I was always the target and Sugar was my plus one now that meant she became the target too. Rumors started to surface about her since she hung out with me and once she started dating Amir she started acting different. She always said he ain't like the kind of reputation I gave her so she distanced her self away from me like she was better then me or some shit. She knew them rumors was all lies. After I was such a good friend to her. Her only friend.

After while Sugar and her brother ended up moving away with her grandma since her ma had become so unfit to take care of them. She went to stay with her grandma in Virginia leaving Amir behind. Two month after Sugar's move, Amir threw one his famous parties on the block. I went inside his spot walking down the wooden steps that led to the basement seeing Amir and his few his boys hitting lines and drinking and shit. "What's up with you Amir?" I spoke to him. I wonder if Sugar knew this nigga did powder.

"What's good with you?" Amir licked over his full lips looking at me intensely. "You trynna party party?" He asked grabbing a baggie next to him filled a pure white powder laying it out on the table. The large wooden table already had all kinds of of liquor that were either gone or half drunken. This dude had to be on one.

"I think I'm gone sit this one on out." I spoke nervously. Amir's boys laughed at my remark as he got up from the table walking up to me.

"Cmon ma, this shit ain't even all bad. You can take a small hit and if you don't like it that's it." He spoke gently. "Plus I hear you know how to have a lot of fun, this shit a help you loosen up." He whispered in my ear. All eyes were on me and I didn't want to give them another reason to talk about me so I decided to hit the line along with Amir and he was right. It helped me loosen up all right because that was not the last line I hit while we started to really turn up and pass the fifths of liquor around to each other.

"Aye, let me holla at you for a sec." Amir whispered in my ear as I sat next to him on the tattered green couch while the music bumped around us. Not knowing what was up I got up from the couch feeling on top of this world from the the mix of the powder and liquor. I followed Amir up the wooden steps up another two flights of steps as he held onto my hand getting me through the crowd of people. Taking me to a bathroom and shutting the door behind him I was confused.

"What's good Amir?" I asked. Without speaking he eagerly crashed his lips into mine and it felt so good.

"We can't." I moaned in between the kiss moving my face even though I knew my pussy was currently throbbing for him. Amir slid his hand up my leather mini skirt I wore moving my panties to the side. He then began to pump his finger in and out of me slowly while I left my mouth gaped open.

"Seem like we can." His slide his hand out from my skirt and played with my stickiness between his fingers. That night Amir fucked the shit out of me. I began to avoid Ant out of fear he'll notice the difference and he began to trip hard. A month later my period never came. I tried to tell Amir but he told me that it could be anybody's baby and to not to get in touch with him anymore and everyone knew I was a hoe. Although I knew it was his. Ant never came in me and Amir and I had sex unprotected and I don't recall him ever pulling out.

Sugar came back three months later after me finding out I was pregnant. Her grandmother had passed away of a heart attack forcing her to move back home but Amir had suddenly moved away himself. Since Amir was out of the picture Sugar came crawling back to me and apologized how she acted before she left. I was now pregnant with her first loves baby so I guess you could say all was forgiven.

Once Sugar had got evicted and couldn't keep up with the bills for her mom I guess you could say me taking her in was because of my guilt. In a way I felt if she stayed and I helped her live then away I was paying off my debt. But now if my accusations of her and Ant were right then I ain't feel so damn bad after all. For now on I was gone play my role and keep my eyes open. Seeing Ant apologize and comfort her made me feel extremely uneasy but I was going to find out sooner or later. I know Sugar ain't as sweet as everyone thinks.