IV

"Minju's got a crush, everyone."

Yuri announces to their small group of friends. Nako and Hitomi widens their eyes when they hear it.

"Gosh, Yuri! I told you I don't like her!" Minju knits her eyes as she stares at Yuri.

"Then why didn't you reply to her when she asked your name? Why were you smiling when she complimented your name? Lastly, why did you blush when she flirted with you? Answer me, Kim Minju!" The hamster-like girl snaps.

Minju was taken aback. She pouts and sits down on her chair while looking down. "To be fair, why did you smile when her friend waved at you? You've never smiled at a stranger who says hi to you." She softly reverses the topic to Yuri without looking at her in the eye.

The shorter flinched. "Well, didn't say I don't smile at cute strangers." Yuri smoothly thought of an excuse, sweat dropping.

"Didn't say she was cute but okay."

"Oh my God, Kim Minju!" Yuri fumes.

"Stop it, you two. We are high-key missing out in this conversation so do you mind telling us what in the actual heck happened." Nako stops their quarrel and Hitomi giggles behind her.

"Yuri is so cute like, what the hell."

Chaewon sighs as she hears Yena blabber about her hamster-like crush. She doesn't even know how she got to know her. Yuri was a freshman at their school too.

"Say, how did you know who Yuri is?" Chaewon asks.

Yena forms a circle on her mouth. "Oh yeah, forgot to tell you."

"You see, I'm friends with this dwarf named Nako and she's friends with Yuri. She introduced me to Yuri but she didn't introduce Yuri to me so yeah, she doesn't know me yet."

"The way you said 'yet' is highly suspicious."

"The way you were so happy being with Minju and being so salty with me is highly offending."

Chaewon snickers. How is Yena so good at comebacks?

"What are you gonna do about your nearly dying club, as a change of topic?" Yena asks. Seemingly worried about the future of the swim club.

The pink haired girl just shrugs. Now that their previous president has graduated, they are now down to three members. They need at least one member to join their club or else their club is forced to disband.

She sighs. "Why did Chaeyeon unnie even need to study early? If she just enrolled to school a year later then this crisis won't happen."

Yena pats Chaewon's back, not really making effort in comforting her since she suck at doing those stuff.

"So what about Minju? You said she wasn't very athletic."

"But she seemed interested earlier at the campaign."

"Was she just staring at you?"

"Yes?"

"Then she's just interested in you, not the club, for pete's sake."

"Well, if she's interested in me then she'll join the club for me, riiight?"

Yena laughs at the younger's logic. They way she prolonged the last word seemed just so funny to her.

"If you say so then."